+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leema Acoustics Pulse Amplifier

I'm Ian.

OK, there's a similar amp appeared on ebay at same price but open to best offers so I will do the same.
    Now open to offers for this excellent amplifier.

I'm Phil.

put it on hi fi for sale and it will sell . its already well priced imho

http://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Tony.

Anyone know if the phono stage in the Pulse amp is as good as the Elements/Essentials MM phono stage?

Thanks

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    put it on hi fi for sale and it will sell . its already well priced imho

http://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/
    Thanks Phil, I tend to agree about the price. Maybe if this was a bit more exotic instead of being British built, designed by two ex BBC engineers it would attract more attention. I can't speak for others but I've had some good amps in my time including several flavours of Meridian pre power combinations, AVI, etc, all costing more than the Leema but not better by any means.
    Checked finances today and I can afford to pay for the new phono stage so any offers will have to be very close to £450 otherwise I'll keep it for a backup.

Tony, can't answer your question but according to the blurb on Leema's website for the current Pulse model

Phono input: MM/MC (taken from Essentials phono stage)
    so I dare say this has been the case with previous models. You could always ask Lee Taylor, the "Lee" part of Leema Acoustics. He was very quick to answer my questions when I first bought this. lee@leema-acoustics.com

Cheers, Ian

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Thanks Phil, I tend to agree about the price. Maybe if this was a bit more exotic instead of being British built, designed by two ex BBC engineers it would attract more attention. I can't speak for others but I've had some good amps in my time including several flavours of Meridian pre power combinations, AVI, etc, all costing more than the Leema but not better by any means.
    Checked finances today and I can afford to pay for the new phono stage so any offers will have to be very close to £450 otherwise I'll keep it for a backup.

Tony, can't answer your question but according to the blurb on Leema's website for the current Pulse model

so I dare say this has been the case with previous models. You could always ask Lee Taylor, the "Lee" part of Leema Acoustics. He was very quick to answer my questions when I first bought this. lee@leema-acoustics.com

Cheers, Ian
    Thanks Ian, the essentials/elements phono stage has great reviews and I'm only really interested in a good phono stage so with that in mind there's an Elements phono stage on Ebay at the minute and they seem to go for about the £250-ish range SH, the one I'm watching is the older Elements PS but basically they're all the same regardless of age of build with some tweaks in the most recent ones (settings for both MM/MC I think) but if the amp has the same phono stage then it's a no brainer to buy one, the only problem I have is I can afford to spend maybe £200 at the minute but common sense says spend the £450

I've dropped Lee an email Ian and I'll update this post if I find anything out.

PS, I've a £2.6k tax bill to pay this morning

I'm Ian.

Tax bill? I suppose the good thing about a tax bill is that you've had some income from somewhere

I'm Tony.

Tax bill? I suppose the good thing about a tax bill is that you've had some income from somewhere
    I'm self employed Ian (30 years), gets harder every year

I'm Tony.

Hi Ian, I received a reply from Lee at Leema Acoustic which is basically, that the Pulse amp has an Elements phono stage, his reply and my enquiry are below.

'Hi there, wonder if you could tell me if the Leema Pulse Mk1 integrated as the same phono stage as your standalone Elements phono stage?'

"Hello Tony,

Yes it is pretty much the same, but the low frequency rumble filter is wired
    permanently on.

There are very few if any situations where this is an issue and it protects
    the amplifier from uncontrolled infrasonic frequencies..................and
    your speakers!

Regards
    Lee Taylor"

I'm Ian.

Thanks Tony, Leema are a good bunch re customer support. So my Leema has the equivalent of an Elements phonostage inside which would have cost £495 new on its own. £450 for the Pulse looks to be quite a bargain then

I'm Tony.

Thanks Tony, Leema are a good bunch re customer support. So my Leema has the equivalent of an Elements phonostage inside which would have cost £495 new on its own. £450 for the Pulse looks to be quite a bargain then
    Hi Ian, yes with that phono stage it is a great buy mate, the last three phono stages on Ebay sold for £261 and £302 and £325 but the last one had an aftermarket linear PS and cables.

Wish I could afford it but now isn't a good time, the wife would go nuts if I spent £475 on an amp but hopefully the phono stage info might help sell it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast