+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Leema Acoustics Pulse Amplifier

  1. #1
    Join Date: May 2016

    Location: Gloucestershire

    Posts: 258
    I'm Ian.

    Default Leema Acoustics Pulse Amplifier

    For sale my Leema Pulse amplifier. In beautiful, unmarked condition, complete with remote. The amp has a very good mm/mc phono stage.
    70 watts per channel and capable of driving low impedance speakers with ease if needed. I've been very happy with this amp but have decided to go back to the murky world of valves.













    A couple of reviews:

    Hifi Choice http://www.techradar.com/reviews/aud...-316795/review

    What Hifi https://www.whathifi.com/leema/pulse/review

    Looking for 500 inc UK mainland insured postage or you can collect/meet somewhere convenient to both if you prefer.

    Thanks, Ian

  2. #2
    Join Date: Jan 2012

    Location: Glasgow, UK

    Posts: 1,683
    I'm Tony.

    Default

    Hi Ian, what version is this amp?

    Thanks

    Tony

  3. #3
    Join Date: May 2016

    Location: Gloucestershire

    Posts: 258
    I'm Ian.

    Default

    Hi Tony, this is the original version so Mk1 I suppose. They changed the case in later versions which some suggested looked like a set top box! To my eyes this version is the more elegant looking.

  4. #4
    Join Date: Mar 2014

    Location: West Wales

    Posts: 129
    I'm malcolm.

    Default

    I can vouch for this amp, heard it at Ian's s few times, stunning sound with his Eikonas and an excellent phono stage built in.
    malcolm ("You can't shine if you don't burn" - Kevin Ayers)

    If what I'm hearing is colouration, then bring on the whole rainbow

  5. #5
    Join Date: Jan 2012

    Location: Glasgow, UK

    Posts: 1,683
    I'm Tony.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Hi Tony, this is the original version so Mk1 I suppose. They changed the case in later versions which some suggested looked like a set top box! To my eyes this version is the more elegant looking.
    Thanks Ian, there appears to be four versions and some confusion as to which is which.

    Has this had the earth issue sorted by Leema and how old is the amp Ian?

    BTW I'm using Dynaudio Audience 72 speakers any idea if the amp and speakers suit each other?

    Tony

  6. #6
    Join Date: May 2016

    Location: Gloucestershire

    Posts: 258
    I'm Ian.

    Default

    Hi Tony,
    I didn't know there was an earth issue! This amp has no issues of any kind I'm afraid I don't know the age of this amp. I think they started manufacturing in 2008 and the Pulse Mk2 came out in 2012 but I can't be certain.

  7. #7
    Join Date: Jan 2012

    Location: Glasgow, UK

    Posts: 1,683
    I'm Tony.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Hi Tony,
    I didn't know there was an earth issue! This amp has no issues of any kind I'm afraid I don't know the age of this amp. I think they started manufacturing in 2008 and the Pulse Mk2 came out in 2012 but I can't be certain.

    Hi Ian, there was an earth issue with the very early amps.

    See post 15 here below, thanks.

    https://www.whathifi.com/comment/552205#comment-552205

  8. #8
    Join Date: May 2016

    Location: Gloucestershire

    Posts: 258
    I'm Ian.

    Default

    OK, thanks. Re your question about your Dynaudio speakers. I can't see there being any problem. I was using them with Neat Acoustics SX2 with great results. They have similar 86dB sensitivity. I also used them with my twin Jordan Eikona speakers when in parallel mode - 3 ohm load. I checked with Leema before trying with this load, Lee (the Lee part of Leema) Taylor himself told me it would be fine.

  9. #9
    Join Date: Jan 2012

    Location: Glasgow, UK

    Posts: 1,683
    I'm Tony.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    OK, thanks. Re your question about your Dynaudio speakers. I can't see there being any problem. I was using them with Neat Acoustics SX2 with great results. They have similar 86dB sensitivity. I also used them with my twin Jordan Eikona speakers when in parallel mode - 3 ohm load. I checked with Leema before trying with this load, Lee (the Lee part of Leema) Taylor himself told me it would be fine.
    Thanks Ian, my main interest in the amp is the MM phono stage, I have an amp with a MM phono stage and it seems pretty decent however when I use it I have to crank the amp right up to about 45 which is about three times the normal from when the TV or the radio both of which are around the 15 mark and is perfectly acceptable.

    I'm torn between buying a really good integrated amp (with phono stage) which I think the speakers need cause they are superb speakers or staying with the current amp and buying a standalone MM phono pre-amp for the turntable which I rarely use.

  10. #10
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 40,960
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    not sure the reason but most integrateds ive used have a lower gain in the phono to other inputs. seems common in comparison to most outboards
    Regards,
    Grant ....

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55 SAS/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •