+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leema Acoustics Pulse Amplifier

I'm Ian.

Default Leema Acoustics Pulse Amplifier

For sale my Leema Pulse amplifier. In beautiful, unmarked condition, complete with remote. The amp has a very good mm/mc phono stage.
    70 watts per channel and capable of driving low impedance speakers with ease if needed. I've been very happy with this amp but have decided to go back to the murky world of valves.

A couple of reviews:

Hifi Choice http://www.techradar.com/reviews/aud...-316795/review

What Hifi https://www.whathifi.com/leema/pulse/review

Looking for £500 inc UK mainland insured postage or you can collect/meet somewhere convenient to both if you prefer.

Thanks, Ian

I'm Tony.

Hi Ian, what version is this amp?

Thanks

Tony

I'm Ian.

Hi Tony, this is the original version so Mk1 I suppose. They changed the case in later versions which some suggested looked like a set top box! To my eyes this version is the more elegant looking.

I'm malcolm.

I can vouch for this amp, heard it at Ian's s few times, stunning sound with his Eikonas and an excellent phono stage built in.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Hi Tony, this is the original version so Mk1 I suppose. They changed the case in later versions which some suggested looked like a set top box! To my eyes this version is the more elegant looking.
    Thanks Ian, there appears to be four versions and some confusion as to which is which.

Has this had the earth issue sorted by Leema and how old is the amp Ian?

BTW I'm using Dynaudio Audience 72 speakers any idea if the amp and speakers suit each other?

Tony

I'm Ian.

Hi Tony,
    I didn't know there was an earth issue! This amp has no issues of any kind I'm afraid I don't know the age of this amp. I think they started manufacturing in 2008 and the Pulse Mk2 came out in 2012 but I can't be certain.

I'm Tony.

Hi Tony,
    I didn't know there was an earth issue! This amp has no issues of any kind I'm afraid I don't know the age of this amp. I think they started manufacturing in 2008 and the Pulse Mk2 came out in 2012 but I can't be certain.

Hi Ian, there was an earth issue with the very early amps.

See post 15 here below, thanks.

https://www.whathifi.com/comment/552205#comment-552205

I'm Ian.

OK, thanks. Re your question about your Dynaudio speakers. I can't see there being any problem. I was using them with Neat Acoustics SX2 with great results. They have similar 86dB sensitivity. I also used them with my twin Jordan Eikona speakers when in parallel mode - 3 ohm load. I checked with Leema before trying with this load, Lee (the Lee part of Leema) Taylor himself told me it would be fine.

I'm Tony.

OK, thanks. Re your question about your Dynaudio speakers. I can't see there being any problem. I was using them with Neat Acoustics SX2 with great results. They have similar 86dB sensitivity. I also used them with my twin Jordan Eikona speakers when in parallel mode - 3 ohm load. I checked with Leema before trying with this load, Lee (the Lee part of Leema) Taylor himself told me it would be fine.
    Thanks Ian, my main interest in the amp is the MM phono stage, I have an amp with a MM phono stage and it seems pretty decent however when I use it I have to crank the amp right up to about 45 which is about three times the normal from when the TV or the radio both of which are around the 15 mark and is perfectly acceptable.

I'm torn between buying a really good integrated amp (with phono stage) which I think the speakers need cause they are superb speakers or staying with the current amp and buying a standalone MM phono pre-amp for the turntable which I rarely use.

I'm Grant.

not sure the reason but most integrateds ive used have a lower gain in the phono to other inputs. seems common in comparison to most outboards
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast