+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leema Acoustics Pulse Amplifier

I'm Ian.

Always alternatives to cause problems! What's your current amp? I've had a couple of pairs of Dynaudios in the past, Contour 1.3 and the 1.8 Mk 2. Lovely speakers and although 4 ohm that's pretty flat so no trouble driving them. My brother's still got a pair of 1.8's and we hitched the Leema up to them a while back - sounded very good indeed.

Shame you're so far away, not really practical to pop round for a try!

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not sure the reason but most integrateds ive used have a lower gain in the phono to other inputs. seems common in comparison to most outboards
    Thanks Grant, hmmm, think I've noticed that before too.

Bloody hobby is murder at times

I'm Tony.

Hi ian, it's a Pulse (funnily enough) SRA-160USB which is a Quad clone I believe, cheap thing but it's fine, comes with a decent remote and does drive the speakers however I listen at really low volumes.

Alan Shaw recommends my amp, along with a cheap Pioneer integrated, for his Harbeth speakers which is why I bought it SH from a mate of mine.

I'm Ian.

I've recently been trying several outboard phono stages - they all required tweaking up the amp volume so I don't think it's just in built stages that have less output than other sources such as CD

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Thanks Ian, my main interest in the amp is the MM phono stage, I have an amp with a MM phono stage and it seems pretty decent however when I use it I have to crank the amp right up to about 45 which is about three times the normal from when the TV or the radio both of which are around the 15 mark and is perfectly acceptable.

I'm torn between buying a really good integrated amp (with phono stage) which I think the speakers need cause they are superb speakers or staying with the current amp and buying a standalone MM phono pre-amp for the turntable which I rarely use.
    this is a fabulous amp and if i had not just bought something else i would buy it . i had this model used with dynaudio 52se and it had a lovely organic sound . highly recommended and any issues leema will sort out . i never had any issues at all with my mark 1
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Ian.

Thanks Phil, I too have had no problems with this amp. What did you buy instead?

I'm Phil.

ha , i only sold it as had to pay some bills . if i had seen this yesterday i would have bought it !!! but just bought a nice supernait 2 . the pulse was in a second system used daily with the dyns and i always remember how organic it was
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    this is a fabulous amp and if i had not just bought something else i would buy it . i had this model used with dynaudio 52se and it had a lovely organic sound . highly recommended and any issues leema will sort out . i never had any issues at all with my mark 1
    Thanks, that's very helpful, I've not read a bad review on these amps, I'll give it some thought guys.

Tony.

I'm Ian.

Just to be clear on the £500 asking price. If anyone wants to collect I will obviously knock off the p&p costs so it will be £475. If you want to meet somewhere then I'm happy to travel up to 50 miles from Stroud Glos for 12p a mile. So a return trip of 100 miles would be £12.

Cheers, Ian

I'm Ian.

I'm keen to sell this as I need to pay for a new phono stage so the price is reduced to £450 collected. Add £25 for insured delivery to UK mainland addresses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast