+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 93

Thread: WTF ?

  1. #21
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Belfast/Northern Ireland/UK

    Posts: 16,757
    I'm Neil.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I think it outrageous that a respectable product like this should be besmirched by naysayers! And, without even trying them!!




    yes exactly, I have and somehow they made a difference. So throw your stones those who never tried stuff but have an opinion.

    I have to say I am right royally fed up with ill informed comments based on zero experience, but sure nothing new here plenty of people have opinions based on nothing, and love the sound of their own voices. Just for once it would be a refreshing change to read I tried it I heard nothing, anyone else try it and hear nothing. Sadly those who said they had would get a pitch fork up the arse and burnt for daring to say they did. Well I dare, can't explain it, but there you go and no it wasn't placebo.
    Regards Neil

    System 1: AMG Giro turntable, AMG 9W2 tonearm, Air Tight PC3 cartridge, Passlabs Xono phonostage, AMG Reference armcable. Accuphase DP57 CD player, Marantz SA7 SACD player, Sony HAP Z1es Digital File Player + Audioquest Jitter Bug, Veracity Mystra DAC + Dell Laptop + iFi i power + JKenny JKSPIDIF, Wireworld Starlight USB + Audioquest Jitter Bug, for computer audio, Audio Valve RKV2 headphone amp, headphones Grado GS 1000, Balanced Audio Technology VK300se integrated amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers. Cabling: Signal - Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, Atlas Mavros, Speaker - QED Genesis Silver Spiral. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, TCI. Mark Grant distribution blocks, Equipment tables Target Audio B series.

    System 2: Loricraft Garrard 401 turntable + SME 5 tonearm + VDH MC10 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Modified Technics 1200 turntable + Triplannar 7 tonearm + VDH Frog Gold cartridge + Paul Hynes SR7 PSU, SME Model 20 turntable + Graham Phantom tonearm + Ortofon MC5200 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Balanced Audio Technology VK10se phonostage, Moon Andromeda CD player, Esoteric P5 SACD transport and P 5 DAC, Toshiba 9500 DVD Audio player, AMR DP777 DAC + HP laptop + iFi i power + Wireworld Starlight USB - for computer audio, Kenwood 8300 tuner, Revox B760 tuner, Magnum Dynalab signal sleuth, Leak Troughline tuner + EAR Stereo decoder, Revox B77 mk 2 & Revox A77 mk3 reel to reel recorders, Balanced Audio Technology VK52se pre-amplifier, Music Reference RM200 mk1 power-amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 speakers. Cabling: Signal/Speaker - Atlas Mavros. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, TCI. Mains distribution blocks Mark Grant and Russ Andrews, Equipment tables Clear Light Audio.

  2. #22
    Join Date: Aug 2017

    Location: Hertfordshire, U.K.

    Posts: 20
    I'm Graham.

    Default

    Really?
    GrahamS

  3. #23
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 4,420
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    yes exactly, I have and somehow they made a difference. So throw your stones those who never tried stuff but have an opinion.

    I have to say I am right royally fed up with ill informed comments based on zero experience, but sure nothing new here plenty of people have opinions based on nothing, and love the sound of their own voices. Just for once it would be a refreshing change to read I tried it I heard nothing, anyone else try it and hear nothing. Sadly those who said they had would get a pitch fork up the arse and burnt for daring to say they did. Well I dare, can't explain it, but there you go and no it wasn't placebo.
    Still have them in your system?
    Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Rothwell MCX SUT > Wizard MM Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves) > Slagle AVC Passive Preamp > Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves) > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers > Oliver's IC Cables Throughout

  4. #24
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 18,972
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    Whilst nothing much is certain in this life apart from death and taxes, the likelihood that these things have any affect beyond the psychological is very small indeed. And given that there is no (credible) explanation given for how they work it is impossible to say that the effect you experienced was not wholly psychological.

    Now I'll grant that whether the effect is real or psychological it makes no difference if subjectively the sound is improved. I just think there has to be better ways of getting a purely psychologically derived improvement without handing over real money for a set of magic beans.
    Martin



    Current Lash Up:

    Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *



    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

  5. #25
    Join Date: Apr 2012

    Location: Southall, West London

    Posts: 32,032
    I'm Geoff.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I just think there has to be better ways of getting a purely psychologically derived improvement without handing over real money for a set of magic beans.
    A few beers will achieve that.

  6. #26
    Join Date: Oct 2016

    Location: Bolton, England

    Posts: 926
    I'm Andrew.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    ...the likelihood that these things have any affect beyond the psychological is very small indeed. And given that there is no (credible) explanation given for how they work it is impossible to say that the effect you experienced was not wholly psychological.
    I agree. These things would be outrageous enough if they claimed they were for a specific application - interconnects, for example - but no, they do magic stuff on anything near them. Interconnects, inductors in crossovers, power cords ... is there anything that can't be improved by simply putting a Magic Tube near it?

  7. #27
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Belfast/Northern Ireland/UK

    Posts: 16,757
    I'm Neil.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Still have them in your system?
    Yes
    Regards Neil

    System 1: AMG Giro turntable, AMG 9W2 tonearm, Air Tight PC3 cartridge, Passlabs Xono phonostage, AMG Reference armcable. Accuphase DP57 CD player, Marantz SA7 SACD player, Sony HAP Z1es Digital File Player + Audioquest Jitter Bug, Veracity Mystra DAC + Dell Laptop + iFi i power + JKenny JKSPIDIF, Wireworld Starlight USB + Audioquest Jitter Bug, for computer audio, Audio Valve RKV2 headphone amp, headphones Grado GS 1000, Balanced Audio Technology VK300se integrated amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers. Cabling: Signal - Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, Atlas Mavros, Speaker - QED Genesis Silver Spiral. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, TCI. Mark Grant distribution blocks, Equipment tables Target Audio B series.

    System 2: Loricraft Garrard 401 turntable + SME 5 tonearm + VDH MC10 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Modified Technics 1200 turntable + Triplannar 7 tonearm + VDH Frog Gold cartridge + Paul Hynes SR7 PSU, SME Model 20 turntable + Graham Phantom tonearm + Ortofon MC5200 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Balanced Audio Technology VK10se phonostage, Moon Andromeda CD player, Esoteric P5 SACD transport and P 5 DAC, Toshiba 9500 DVD Audio player, AMR DP777 DAC + HP laptop + iFi i power + Wireworld Starlight USB - for computer audio, Kenwood 8300 tuner, Revox B760 tuner, Magnum Dynalab signal sleuth, Leak Troughline tuner + EAR Stereo decoder, Revox B77 mk 2 & Revox A77 mk3 reel to reel recorders, Balanced Audio Technology VK52se pre-amplifier, Music Reference RM200 mk1 power-amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 speakers. Cabling: Signal/Speaker - Atlas Mavros. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, TCI. Mains distribution blocks Mark Grant and Russ Andrews, Equipment tables Clear Light Audio.

  8. #28
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Belfast/Northern Ireland/UK

    Posts: 16,757
    I'm Neil.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    I agree. These things would be outrageous enough if they claimed they were for a specific application - interconnects, for example - but no, they do magic stuff on anything near them. Interconnects, inductors in crossovers, power cords ... is there anything that can't be improved by simply putting a Magic Tube near it?
    Try them Andrew and I will respect your view.
    Regards Neil

    System 1: AMG Giro turntable, AMG 9W2 tonearm, Air Tight PC3 cartridge, Passlabs Xono phonostage, AMG Reference armcable. Accuphase DP57 CD player, Marantz SA7 SACD player, Sony HAP Z1es Digital File Player + Audioquest Jitter Bug, Veracity Mystra DAC + Dell Laptop + iFi i power + JKenny JKSPIDIF, Wireworld Starlight USB + Audioquest Jitter Bug, for computer audio, Audio Valve RKV2 headphone amp, headphones Grado GS 1000, Balanced Audio Technology VK300se integrated amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers. Cabling: Signal - Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, Atlas Mavros, Speaker - QED Genesis Silver Spiral. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, TCI. Mark Grant distribution blocks, Equipment tables Target Audio B series.

    System 2: Loricraft Garrard 401 turntable + SME 5 tonearm + VDH MC10 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Modified Technics 1200 turntable + Triplannar 7 tonearm + VDH Frog Gold cartridge + Paul Hynes SR7 PSU, SME Model 20 turntable + Graham Phantom tonearm + Ortofon MC5200 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Balanced Audio Technology VK10se phonostage, Moon Andromeda CD player, Esoteric P5 SACD transport and P 5 DAC, Toshiba 9500 DVD Audio player, AMR DP777 DAC + HP laptop + iFi i power + Wireworld Starlight USB - for computer audio, Kenwood 8300 tuner, Revox B760 tuner, Magnum Dynalab signal sleuth, Leak Troughline tuner + EAR Stereo decoder, Revox B77 mk 2 & Revox A77 mk3 reel to reel recorders, Balanced Audio Technology VK52se pre-amplifier, Music Reference RM200 mk1 power-amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 speakers. Cabling: Signal/Speaker - Atlas Mavros. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, TCI. Mains distribution blocks Mark Grant and Russ Andrews, Equipment tables Clear Light Audio.

  9. #29
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Belfast/Northern Ireland/UK

    Posts: 16,757
    I'm Neil.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Whilst nothing much is certain in this life apart from death and taxes, the likelihood that these things have any affect beyond the psychological is very small indeed. And given that there is no (credible) explanation given for how they work it is impossible to say that the effect you experienced was not wholly psychological.

    Now I'll grant that whether the effect is real or psychological it makes no difference if subjectively the sound is improved. I just think there has to be better ways of getting a purely psychologically derived improvement without handing over real money for a set of magic beans.
    Here we go the usual its all in the mind. Well blind testing was done, guess what ? A difference was heard.
    Regards Neil

    System 1: AMG Giro turntable, AMG 9W2 tonearm, Air Tight PC3 cartridge, Passlabs Xono phonostage, AMG Reference armcable. Accuphase DP57 CD player, Marantz SA7 SACD player, Sony HAP Z1es Digital File Player + Audioquest Jitter Bug, Veracity Mystra DAC + Dell Laptop + iFi i power + JKenny JKSPIDIF, Wireworld Starlight USB + Audioquest Jitter Bug, for computer audio, Audio Valve RKV2 headphone amp, headphones Grado GS 1000, Balanced Audio Technology VK300se integrated amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers. Cabling: Signal - Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, Atlas Mavros, Speaker - QED Genesis Silver Spiral. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, TCI. Mark Grant distribution blocks, Equipment tables Target Audio B series.

    System 2: Loricraft Garrard 401 turntable + SME 5 tonearm + VDH MC10 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Modified Technics 1200 turntable + Triplannar 7 tonearm + VDH Frog Gold cartridge + Paul Hynes SR7 PSU, SME Model 20 turntable + Graham Phantom tonearm + Ortofon MC5200 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Balanced Audio Technology VK10se phonostage, Moon Andromeda CD player, Esoteric P5 SACD transport and P 5 DAC, Toshiba 9500 DVD Audio player, AMR DP777 DAC + HP laptop + iFi i power + Wireworld Starlight USB - for computer audio, Kenwood 8300 tuner, Revox B760 tuner, Magnum Dynalab signal sleuth, Leak Troughline tuner + EAR Stereo decoder, Revox B77 mk 2 & Revox A77 mk3 reel to reel recorders, Balanced Audio Technology VK52se pre-amplifier, Music Reference RM200 mk1 power-amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 speakers. Cabling: Signal/Speaker - Atlas Mavros. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, TCI. Mains distribution blocks Mark Grant and Russ Andrews, Equipment tables Clear Light Audio.

  10. #30
    Join Date: Nov 2008

    Location: Valley of the Hazels

    Posts: 8,142
    I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Yes
    Do you have a compass?
    What happens when you bring it near to one of the tubes?
    Chris



    Once we've made sense of our world, we wanna go fuck up everybody else's because his or her truth doesn't match mine. But this is the problem. Truth is individual calculation. Which means because we all have different perspectives, there isn't one singular truth, is there?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •