+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF ?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I think it outrageous that a respectable product like this should be besmirched by naysayers! And, without even trying them!!

yes exactly, I have and somehow they made a difference. So throw your stones those who never tried stuff but have an opinion.

I have to say I am right royally fed up with ill informed comments based on zero experience, but sure nothing new here plenty of people have opinions based on nothing, and love the sound of their own voices. Just for once it would be a refreshing change to read I tried it I heard nothing, anyone else try it and hear nothing. Sadly those who said they had would get a pitch fork up the arse and burnt for daring to say they did. Well I dare, can't explain it, but there you go and no it wasn't placebo.
    Regards Neil

I'm Graham.

Really?
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    yes exactly, I have and somehow they made a difference. So throw your stones those who never tried stuff but have an opinion.

I have to say I am right royally fed up with ill informed comments based on zero experience, but sure nothing new here plenty of people have opinions based on nothing, and love the sound of their own voices. Just for once it would be a refreshing change to read I tried it I heard nothing, anyone else try it and hear nothing. Sadly those who said they had would get a pitch fork up the arse and burnt for daring to say they did. Well I dare, can't explain it, but there you go and no it wasn't placebo.
    Still have them in your system?

I'm Martin.

Whilst nothing much is certain in this life apart from death and taxes, the likelihood that these things have any affect beyond the psychological is very small indeed. And given that there is no (credible) explanation given for how they work it is impossible to say that the effect you experienced was not wholly psychological.

Now I'll grant that whether the effect is real or psychological it makes no difference if subjectively the sound is improved. I just think there has to be better ways of getting a purely psychologically derived improvement without handing over real money for a set of magic beans.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I just think there has to be better ways of getting a purely psychologically derived improvement without handing over real money for a set of magic beans.
    A few beers will achieve that.

RothwellAudio Guest

...the likelihood that these things have any affect beyond the psychological is very small indeed. And given that there is no (credible) explanation given for how they work it is impossible to say that the effect you experienced was not wholly psychological.
    I agree. These things would be outrageous enough if they claimed they were for a specific application - interconnects, for example - but no, they do magic stuff on anything near them. Interconnects, inductors in crossovers, power cords ... is there anything that can't be improved by simply putting a Magic Tube near it?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Still have them in your system?
    Yes
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    I agree. These things would be outrageous enough if they claimed they were for a specific application - interconnects, for example - but no, they do magic stuff on anything near them. Interconnects, inductors in crossovers, power cords ... is there anything that can't be improved by simply putting a Magic Tube near it?
    Try them Andrew and I will respect your view.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Whilst nothing much is certain in this life apart from death and taxes, the likelihood that these things have any affect beyond the psychological is very small indeed. And given that there is no (credible) explanation given for how they work it is impossible to say that the effect you experienced was not wholly psychological.

Now I'll grant that whether the effect is real or psychological it makes no difference if subjectively the sound is improved. I just think there has to be better ways of getting a purely psychologically derived improvement without handing over real money for a set of magic beans.
    Here we go the usual its all in the mind. Well blind testing was done, guess what ? A difference was heard.
    Regards Neil

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Yes
    Do you have a compass?
    What happens when you bring it near to one of the tubes?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast