+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: WTF ?

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I think you're meant to smoke the contents!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I think you're meant to smoke the contents!

I'm Andrew.

How come glass tubes filled with stuff attract almost universal derision, whereas using oak feet or those little bags, attaching expensive mains cables or polishing fuses, non of which, correct me if I’m wrong, have any scientifically proved evidence to support them, are readily accepted?
    Last edited by RMutt; 16-02-2018 at 19:26. Reason: Added question mark.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by RMutt View Post
    How come glass tubes filled with stuff attract almost universal derision, whereas using oak feet or those little bags, attaching expensive mains cables or polishing fuses, non of which, correct me if I’m wrong, have any scientifically proved evidence to support them, are readily accepted.
    Boom boom
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

How come glass tubes filled with stuff attract almost universal derision, whereas using oak feet or those little bags, attaching expensive mains cables or polishing fuses, non of which, correct me if I’m wrong, have any scientifically proved evidence to support them, are readily accepted.
    By some.

I'm Andrew.

Has the website been written by this man http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...debunkers.html ??

Remember has IC challenge?

SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

OK, here's some more to rattle a few sabre's

http://archive.randi.org/site/jr/121004science.html#11
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Martin.

How come glass tubes filled with stuff attract almost universal derision, whereas using oak feet or those little bags, attaching expensive mains cables or polishing fuses, non of which, correct me if I’m wrong, have any scientifically proved evidence to support them, are readily accepted?
    I don't know about anyone else but for me it is a sliding scale, running from, maybe, mains cables at one end down to the nuttiest Machina Dynamica stuff at the far end. I'm sceptical about all of them but some seem more credible to me than others. I don't give anything a free pass. Why should I?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Pavel.

I think it might be possible for a mains cable to affect sound if it somehow restricts the amount of current that can pass through it. 2.5 square mm of “ordinary” copper is more than enough for 10A (that’s 2300 VA), and that’s precisely what’s inside your walls. Even if the last 1.5m are made of snake-like triple-insulated silver-plated LC-PC-OCC-WTF stuff, it’s not going to make a difference.

That said, I’m guilty of buying a couple of (formerly expensive) hi-fi mains cables on eBay because I think they look pretty

I'm Russell.

It may be OK for some lay persons to believe in magic, but I’m an educated man, I know all about the properties or electricity. If I can’t think of a single plausible reason why something might work, then I can’t make that leap of faith that it may work! In fact, if I heard it and it did work, then It would bother me so much that I couldn’t enjoy it! I don’t know exactly why a better mains cable may work, but I can at least imagine a few reasons why it does. It may be as simple as a larger ground wire? Isolation from radio signals and magnetic waves from transformers? At least it’s in the path of the electrical circuit!

Then there are the claims. Why is the material in the tubes a secret? If it worked as well as claimed, don’t you think another accessory company could just open one and analyze what’s in it? They offer no reasonable reason why it works, the only thing they have going are testimonials. All of these are the behavior of most other snake oil salesmen. Have you tried the $330 carbon fiber wall socket cover? The $6 plug strip that is supposedly cryogenically frozen, for only $290? All advertise their products in the exact same way.

But this is just me, if you hear a difference and love them, more power to you! I’m not going to judge, if you’re happy, I’m happy. It’s just not for me, I could never reconcile my need for scientific evidence and reasoning. My personality flaw I suppose.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast