+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF ?

I'm Russell.

They do offer a 30 day money back guarantee, other than some shipping fees no harm in trying them?

But I pose the question, how does one come upon these Magic results? To simply say, “it works but we don’t know how”, what prompted the designer to even try whatever is in the tube? If these tiny tubes of dust make a notable difference, why not make them twice as big? Or round to incircle the whole wire? I’d be more comfortable if he claimed the tubes contained uranium 238 than to have no idea what it is. While it may work exactly as advertised, the manufacturer has done nothing to separate himself from other snake oil salesmen. i.e. “Its Magic! It’s mysterious! Read my testimonials!”, does not instill me with confidence.

Russell

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I'm just interested in whether or not the stuff in the tube makes a compass deflect.
    Say it did. What would the ramifications be for sound quality?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Say it did. What would the ramifications be for sound quality?
    There's very common real world use of ferrite beads to block very high frequency noise.
    Ferrite does have magnetic qualities, and what's the bet that in powdered form its magnetic qualities are negatively affected by moisture - hence the comment about the powder degrading in air.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Pavel.

I do want to see the results of the blind test though. How many trials, how many times their presence was correctly identified. If it is significant then I am happy to reconsider.
    Thanks for this. I’m a bit familiar with how comparative testing should be done, and I’m always very suspicious when a blind test is mentioned. Unless done properly (which is rather difficult), most such tests are a waste of time and effort.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    There's very common real world use of ferrite beads to block very high frequency noise.
    Ferrite does have magnetic qualities, and what's the bet that in powdered form its magnetic qualities are negatively affected by moisture - hence the comment about the powder degrading in air.
    So it could be doing pretty much what ferrite clamp does? Although presumably, from the design, less effectively.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

So it could be doing pretty much what ferrite clamp does? Although presumably, from the design, less effectively.
    Quite possibly.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Geoff.

I doubt it. Unless it encompassed conductors and even then the effect would be unpredictable, as the powder is loose and free to settle anywhere in the tube.

Bigman80 Guest

Shall we crowd fund a pair? Send them round. They are $49 a pair.

I'm James.

I've never tried these, I won't be trying these, FFS ,oops wrong thread
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Shall we crowd fund a pair? Send them round. They are $49 a pair.
    Okay then I'll go against my better instincts and put in five bucks in the interest of keeping an open mind.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast