Thread: WTF ?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Yes
    What are they supposed to do?

I'm Taz.

I'm Josie.

Why don't you guys just try some?
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Grant.

Yup you all try things so give it a go and pass them around
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I'm just interested in whether or not the stuff in the tube makes a compass deflect.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Robin.

I can speak with great authority as the good fellow sent me a couple of Black Discus a few years back gratis. I stuck them in a recommended place and thought they did something. However on blind testing I couldn’t detect any difference. Maybe they work best south of the equator....
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Why don't you guys just try some?
    I refer you to the answer I gave earlier. Beside which if I tried every crazy idea in hi-fi there would be no time left to try the things that do at least have some rationale. if someone brought some round to my house I would try them. I would not go out of my way or indeed expend any effort or money whatsoever to try them.

There is also the wider question of how these tweaks effect the whole hobby. If everyone spends their money on this sort of thing why would anyone bother trying to advance the science and engineering side? That all goes out of the window if Physics does not apply to hi-fi in the same way it applies to everything else.

And finally, the people who market this sort of thing have no idea how it works. So how did they develop it? Just wake up one morning and randomly fill some tubes full of whatever and site them round the hi-fi? 'I hear a difference, must be quantum tunnelling at work, lets get to market with this'. How many other potential applications are there? Would putting one on a CAT scanner or X-Ray machine improve the definition of the scan or X-ray? Would putting them on the engine of the car improve fuel efficiency? It always seems that the only application for these scientific breakthroughs (and let's not be coy here, if true then it is a much bigger deal for Physics than anything they have ever done at Cern) is audio. Why would that be?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Funny how the make up of the powder contents of the tubes are not even alluded to, let alone identified. For all I know, it could be from a vacuum cleaner bag, scrapings from a dog's claws or even ash powder from the urn of a cremated relative.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Funny how the make up of the powder contents of the tubes are not even alluded to, let alone identified. For all I know, it could be from a vacuum cleaner bag, scrapings from a dog's claws or even ash powder from the urn of a cremated relative.
    Doesn't actually matter though does it? I do want to see the results of the blind test though. How many trials, how many times their presence was correctly identified. If it is significant then I am happy to reconsider. Although even then I would still be looking for other explanations than that the Earth's local magnetic field was somehow being (passively) manipulated to give improved sound quality.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

There's black stuff in it, and white stuff in it, and I reckon that the white stuff is there because of its hygroscopic qualities.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast