+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone have or heard a Marantz PM8006 ?

I'm Dave.

Post Anyone have or heard a Marantz PM8006 ?

I'm thinking about buying a Marantz PM8006. It will be used for 2 channel listening. I will be using a turntable through it with an Ortofon 2M Bronze. I have not picked a turntable yet. I have read that the phono stage included within the PM8006 is superb. The problem is that I have never heard what the Marantz sound like. It will be powering a pair of Paradigm Monitor 11 v7. Any info or reviews at all would be greatly appreciated! If you have a better recommendation on an integrated amp in the same price range please chime in! Thanks in advance!

Dave
    Pioneer PL-71 / Ortofon 2M Bronze / Ortofon SH-4 / Custom Reso-Mat / Pioneer SX-750 / Blue Jeans Cables / KAB RF-1 / Paradigm Monitor 11 v.7

I'm Phil.

yes heard the new 8006 for a short while 2 weeks ago , didn`t even know it was out till i was in the shop . couldn`t really comment too much as it was only a short demo . i thought it was quite a lot of money compared to the lower model but marantz are great equipment . sorry can`t be more help . if i had a choice i would buy the rotel ra 1572 integrated which is not much more and had a great review recently and it just oozes class . i have heard it several times
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread