+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Me Decide: Musichall MMF 7.3 or Rega Planar 6 with a Marantz PM8006

I'm Dave.

Question Help Me Decide: Musichall MMF 7.3 or Rega Planar 6 with a Marantz PM8006

Hey guys! I'm going to start piecing together a new system shortly. I'm defiantly keeping the PL-71 and SX-750 combo. I just want to start a "new school" system haha. I've read countless posts about the Planar 6 but there is not much about the MMF 7.3. I'm up for any other suggestions of turntables in this same price range. What ever table I choose will be used with an Ortofon 2M Bronze. I'm thinking about running the new table through a Marantz PM8006 integrated. The amp seems like it has a very nice phono stage built into it. I am also interested in any other amp options you guys may have advise on. Through my local dealer I can get a MMF 7.3 for $1100 USD and the PM8006 for $950 USD. I already own a Ortofon 2M Bronze with only 11 LPs played through it so far.

My last question is..... I'm thinking about running both systems through a TC-71 s way amp selector. I want to do this so I can run both the "old school" and "new school" systems through my Paradigm Monitor 11's. I can not easily unplug and re plug in the speaker cables on the SX-750 so that option is out. Maybe someone knows a better option for using two amps through one pair of speakers? (one amp/turntable at a time obviously) I am worried that I will lose sound quality by adding the TC-71 amp switch to the system. Am I wrong here? I can NOT find any info at all on this unit or others like it.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Dave
    Pioneer PL-71 / Ortofon 2M Bronze / Ortofon SH-4 / Custom Reso-Mat / Pioneer SX-750 / Blue Jeans Cables / KAB RF-1 / Paradigm Monitor 11 v.7

I'm Dave.

Not heard the MMF, as they are not imported but I can confirm that the new P6 is a lovely turntable and very good value.

I'm Spartacus.

The question is whether it is still good value in the US, and compared to the MMF
    Cheers, Jeff

+ Reply to Thread