+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The North West Audio Show (Cranage Hall) 2017

I'm Rob.

Default The North West Audio Show (Cranage Hall) 2017

Hi long time no visit, my bad.

Is anyone going to the Cranage Hall show this year? It's usually a good one and I missed it last year.

http://audioshow.co.uk/register-for-free-tickets/

24-25th June.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol... June! You like to plan ahead, eh mate? I'm still getting over Christmas!

[And yes, if we're not abroad on holiday somewhere, I'll probably will be going to Cranage Hall]

Marco (takes life one day at a time...)
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Rob.

With the family/kids and work, the diary fills up quick!

Lol... Not too much of that is relevant at my end. Chilled out existence here... Anyway, Happy New Year, Rob - hope 2017 is a good one for you!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Chris.

Marco. Why going abroad. Cranage Hall is a perfect place to spend your holiday. ��

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by FidelityArt View Post
    Marco. Why going abroad. Cranage Hall is a perfect place to spend your holiday. ��
    Don't forget to take about a million pounds with you if you are intending to eat and drink there, though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Now there's an idea, Chris! I wonder if they'll throw in some Italian sun, authentic wine and food, too?

That's where I was planning to go...

Too right, Martin. I don't mind high prices (our recent trip to Austria wasn't exactly cheap), as long as I'm getting value (and quality) for money. They know that they've got a captive audience for these shows, so they can ramp up the prices for the punters attending, knowing that if they want to eat (or drink), they'll pay for it.

I usually go for an all-day breakfast at one of the local chain hotels, before going to the show, where you can eat as much as you like for a set price, and that does me for the day

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Chris.

Double room for two BB is £90 when you quote AUDIO. I don't think this is ridiculously expensive.

No, t'isnt... But how much is the food and drinks in the bar?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Deleted.

Default The North West Audio Show (Cranage Hall) 2017

I've never eaten the food so can't say but the beer has always been of reasonable quality and also reasonably priced - not expensive.

Maybe it's me (yeah, well known acerbic 'clever twat') but I've honestly always found the staff really helpful and the atmosphere very convivial indeed - lots of old and new friends - really, a super cool show .
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast