+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cordless Vacuum cleaner

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Grant View Post
    Dyson from the ebay outlet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112351558902

for £130 with the wall bracket and motorised head included that is a great price for a refurb that are usually just like new.
    Looks interesting. Might be just the job.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Don't know why but I have a pet hate of anything Dyson... it might be all the bright colours Dyson use and the design of them turns my stomach for some reason

I use a Sebo vac which is really well made and quiet too but not cordless

How about the Hoover Discovery which is cordless
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Don't know why but I have a pet hate of anything Dyson... it might be all the bright colours Dyson use and the design of them turns my stomach for some reason

I use a Sebo vac which is really well made and quiet too but not cordless

How about the Hoover Discovery which is cordless
    I can’t stand Dysons either. Sebo are much better, and underrated IMO. Currently have a corded Shark which is unbelievably powerful and great for pet hairs. I believe the cordless models are good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymonoped View Post
    I can’t stand Dysons either. Sebo are much better, and underrated IMO. Currently have a corded Shark which is unbelievably powerful and great for pet hairs. I believe the cordless models are good too.
    Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like Dysons Tony.. I think the 'no bag thingy' is overrated and is just a marketing ploy.. as there is nothing wrong with bagged vacs and they are probably a lot cleaner to empty anyway

I've read good things about the Shark as well

The other vac's I've had experience of are Kirby's which are also excellent but just too heavy so the Sebo/Miele are a good alternative, and Made In Germany
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

got a vax cylinder type with a big bag and a power head. does a great job and can wash too if needed.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I had a big orange Vax some years ago and it was very good and as you say it could wash as well..
    Bev

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I had a big orange Vax some years ago and it was very good and as you say it could wash as well..
    yup this is orange. modern version but they are very similar. a bag lasts me 6 months. bought the power head as an extra from lidl
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

The Dyson hot and cool heater looks like a good product. I must get a demo.

That said I cant get too interested in vacuum cleaners. I tend to pick up whats on offer at a supermarket or TJ hughes style discount store.

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Dyson here. Mrs C swears by it and to be fair it does the business with cat hair. I find it has an irritating high pitch, a tendency to suddenly run out of juice with no warning and being all plastic it looks as if the whole thing would be knackered if just a small piece got snapped off. But what do I know, her vote counts double my own on these issues.

Pete

I'm Paul.

Dont buy a Bosch Athlet. While they are very good performance-wise the build quality is not very good. After two years mine has gone through 2 handles, a main casing and the head, which is most of the vacuum cleaner. Its now out of warranty, so I don’t expect to have it much longer. The electrical connection between the new handle and the main body is already starting to fail after only 8 weeks.
    ~Paul~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast