+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mitsubishi DA-U310 Integrated - Advice Please?

I'm Ade.

Default Mitsubishi DA-U310 Integrated - Advice Please?

Hello,
    First proper post here and already I'm asking for your undivided attention and advice for free... Some people eh!
    A bit of background info first.

Currently I own an EAR834 which has been having a couple of minor issues, valve bases and an annoying rustling sound occasionally which I believe is a loose connection somewhere. The item has been to a repair agent who has repaired it but same faults have come back again and I now feel the best resolve is to send it back to EAR and let them fettle it.

So, whilst it's back in Cambridge, I'd rather not be without sounds. I have seen on Gumtree a Mitsubishi DA-U310 vintage amp, mid 80's iirc?
    I have found some interesting renovation info on a USA forum via Google. However, the seller in UK informs me although it has been serviced and controls cleaned, presume a quick spray etc and the DC offset been adjusted the UV lamps aren't working.

Does anyone have any info regarding this amp, seller is asking £100, I've offered less and price is now £85 which I think is a little high still, considering caps might & lamps will need changing which I'd have to pay someone to do.

According to what info I can find, this amp is supposedly pretty decent in the bass department; which my Neat's seem to appreciate from the EAR.

Thoughts anyone, prices or alternatives please around this cheap price point?
    Thanks.

I'm Geoff.

It's a bit of an obscure amplifier and don't think that it was specifically a British market model, more targeted at European countries like Germany. I believe the mains requirement is 220 volts. Not keen on amps that have a plastic carcass anyway.

For that kind of money, I'd be inclined to get a Denon PMA-350SE. That will drive Tannoys well and sound very decent doing so.

I'm Martin.

It may well be a decent amp but Mitsubishi is not a desirable brand (not for any real reason, it just isn't) so it is not worth £100. With the problems I'd say £40 is about the limit.

Listen to Geoff and get the Denon he recommends. It is a known quantity, competent and usually reliable
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ade.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    For that kind of money, I'd be inclined to get a Denon PMA-350SE. That will drive Tannoys well and sound very decent doing so.
    Thanks for the info. Not sure about the Tannoys as I have Neat Isobariks but I'm sure if it handles Tannoys well, the Neats should be no problem.

Is the PMA-520AE an upgrade or not as good, do you know? Asking as completed listings on a well known site show plenty sold just before I started looking and not much choice now!
    Thanks...

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Parcelmonkey View Post
    Is the PMA-520AE an upgrade or not as good, do you know?
    I doubt if it's better. It's a totally unrelated recent model and I've not been particularly impressed by the finish on the AE series amps I've seen.

There's a very nice looking PMA-350SE on ebay. Boxed and looks mint in the photos, also has the optional phono stage, which is rather good.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denon-PMA...IAAOSw1RVafdIs

Alternatively you could put a 'wanted' ad in our Private Exhibitions section. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody has one.

I'm not saying it's the best amp in the world, but I'd back one against anything else at the price!

+ Reply to Thread