+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buy something for £10...!?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I'm probably quite limited as I only really buy pre 1830 music played authentically, there aren't many recordings like that in charity shops, I wonder where they end up?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    I've bought several CDs from charity shops of classical music played on period instruments. But they are not that common.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    20 CD's at the local car boot sale, they tend to go for 50p each these days. You have to get there early, or there's only the dross left. Great if you're a Robbie Williams fan.

Vinyl often goes for about £1, and sometimes in good condition. But every other album is Lionel Ritchie's "Cant Slow Down"
    Agree regarding CDs (as well as DVDs), but many of the LPs on sale are in poor condition (and poorly presented - often just plonked on the floor, one on top of the other) with tatty dog-eared sleeves.

Quite often the best LPs are those of classical music sold by private sellers who have looked after them - but they are few and far between. The worse are those from traders who just consult their record buyers' guide and pay little attention to the condition of the records.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Yes, good condition lp's are few and far between these days. The good ones have probably been snapped up by hipsters and been put into picture frames. The last good one I got was a near mint copy of "Houses of the Holy" with textured inner sleeve for £7. And that was a couple of years ago.

I'm martin.

A couple bottles of beer to pass time, and a bottle of almond oil and some cotton wool balls to give the ears a clean out, then hopefully that would improve my hearing.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Steve.

There are better uses for the almond oil, but you'd need more than a tenner to make it happen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123