+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: If you had 50 grand

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    You're right, the programme had "time for bed" written all it.

Before that, iirc, it was "diddy" David Hamilton telling us to turn off our sets, and before that, a shrinking white dot with accompanying tone. These days, you know it's past your bedtime when you see the little man in the corner doing sign language. Seems a bit unfair to deaf people, maybe they'd like an early night once in a while.
    When you've taped a show you really want to see but it is on in the middle of the night. And when you come to watch it the next day it has the sign language bloke on it. One of those situations where you can't be pissed off but you'd really like to be.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I agree totally. And they seem like really nice people, just a bit small.

I'm Martin.

They do seem to enjoy it. I think I'd be a bit less than enthusiastic after miming five episodes of Minder on the trot but they never seem to flag.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Duracell batteries, probably.

I'm Martin.

Of course.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Dennis.

I used to live 200 yds from PWL, and as I went to Dave Prowse's gym would hear loud Rick Astley booming out of the Genelecs.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    I used to live 200 yds from PWL, and as I went to Dave Prowse's gym would hear loud Rick Astley booming out of the Genelecs.
    Did you ever meet Dave Prowse then?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Did you ever meet Dave Prowse then?
    I have a vague recollection of him filming some 'Green Cross Code' stuff by where I worked in the eighties (maybe). For a fit bloke he had an awful lot of health issues. I read a 'fake news' article years ago saying he'd lost both legs. Mind you, tall men seem to get a lot of problems as they age. Two 6'5" mates of mine died of spinal cancer.

I'm Grant.

He did have arthritis in various forms. Think he is still with us but must be a decent age now
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dennis.

Yes Martin, he was there most evenings as were his sons often, and I even trained with him.

He has had an ankle fused, (he has very big feet), and I hear that now he has lost the use of his arms, but what I admire is that he gave himself fully to what he did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast