+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had 50 grand

I'm Rob.

Just for the sheer scale and sumptuous looks.....oh and even through YT they don't sound too rubbish, would probably need the amps and other gubbins to go with em. 50,000 might not be enough.

Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

I'm Dennis.

I wish I could understand the love of Audionote stuff.

I dislike the owner, more particularly his rude arrogant and probably neurotic wife, but even more cannot see, or more relevantly hear, what it is that so entrances people.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

We're on the same page (as usual), Dennis. (High-end) AudioNote?

Vastly overpriced badge-fi, sold largely to impress superficial fanboys of bling, who wank over the dubious efficacy of boxes brim-full of 'boutique components', in the vain hope of being seen by others as 'discerning'...

That's especially true when you know extremely capable electronics designers who can build just as good equipmement, or better, for a fraction of the price [minus badge-snob value]!

Marco [would gladly put his TD Copper amp up against anything that AN make].
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Oh, and as for spending 50K on hi-fi equipment. I wouldn't dream of it now, simply because it isn't necessary if you know how to judiciously play the 'SPPV card'

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Shaun.

LOL, I'd buy a car...!

Serious Ozric Tentacles fan especially on vinyl. Love complex rhythms and timings. Also love all things electronic and worship the man that is Brian Eno.

I'm Shaun.

OK, I know what the OP said. I'd buy a turntable of the Orbe type with appropriate tonearm and cart. I'd have the very best of what Glen Croft could produce, oh and a pair of speakers if I must. Then with the money I had left I would buy whisky. Probably made by Ardbeg.
    Serious Ozric Tentacles fan especially on vinyl. Love complex rhythms and timings. Also love all things electronic and worship the man that is Brian Eno.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    I wish I could understand the love of Audionote stuff.

I dislike the owner, more particularly his rude arrogant and probably neurotic wife, but even more cannot see, or more relevantly hear, what it is that so entrances people.
    I so agree with this and Marco's comment in the next post. For us old buggers it smacks of the Linn/Naim saga of the seventies.

I'm Eamonn.

Default 50K

I'd buy Harbeth 40.2 anniversary model, Accuphase pre/power and Burmester 061 CDP and extend my listening room a bit.
    Accuphase E470 Electrocompaniet EMC1UP Sonos Connect Audiolab M DAC+ Harbeth 40th anniversary SHL5 Plus

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    I so agree with this and Marco's comment in the next post. For us old buggers it smacks of the Linn/Naim saga of the seventies.
    Yep, me too.

I've heard some extravagantly expensive AudioNote gear that tbh sounded piss poor.
    Jerry

Spotify Premium streaming, Laptop / Halide Bridge, Audiolab 8200CD DAC, Schiit Saga passive/active preamp, >>amp de jour<<, MBL 116F.

Amps:
    Firebottle AIR
    LA Audio A30 el84 integrated
    Wadia 151 PowerDAC
    Trigon TRE 50 Monoendstufen << Currently playing

Cables:
    Wireworld Starlight USB
    Ixos Ixotica or Wireworld Oasis i/c
    Western Electric 16GA or W&M speaker cables
    Ixos 105 digital co-ax & XO TOSLINK

I'm Tim.

Hitman for the Mrs.

Crank up the volume.

Sorted
    Digital source - Custom build by Item Audio. Spec including: Silent cooling, 1TB SSD, Adnaco outboard USB stage with outboard PSU, Chord Sarum USB,SOTM USB/SPDIF converter with Clock upgrades and outboard power supply, Audioquest Wild AES/EBU. Pre-amp - Boulder, Dac - Boulder, Power amp - Musical Fidelity Titans, Speakers - Revel Ultima Salon 2's, Interconnects/Speaker cables - All custom made by Paul at Reference Fidelity with Bybee Purifiers fitted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast