+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had 50 grand

I'm Martin.

I'd go to Kenrick sounds and buy some vintage JBL. With shipping from Japan and insurance that should pretty much do the 50K in. Any left over, hookers and coke.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm George.

I would get a new super dooper Tannoy Westminster and a great big f*** off amp and just feel the force......

Good to see the love for Audionote and I guess Kondo.....the attraction ain't the bling. The cases are genuinely constructed by blind badgers. Having said that the AN amps at home have gone......

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'd go to Kenrick sounds and buy some vintage JBL. With shipping from Japan and insurance that should pretty much do the 50K in. Any left over, hookers and coke.
    yes , his stuff is fantastic
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/ harbeth shl5 plus/frugalhorn

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetiminator View Post
    Hitman for the Mrs.

Crank up the volume.

Sorted
    oh gosh.... hope she is not reading this
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/ harbeth shl5 plus/frugalhorn

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetiminator View Post
    Hitman for the Mrs.

Crank up the volume.

Sorted
    I Think it was called "Hitman and Her". You can probably find it on VHS.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    yes , his stuff is fantastic
    What stuff? The JBL or the coke?

I'm more of a Pepsi man meself.

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I Think it was called "Hitman and Her". You can probably find it on VHS.
    Lol showing your age buddy. I vaguely remember watching it after coming in after a night out. Assuming the position - sitting up in bed with a hand over one eye to stop the tv spinning
    Digital source - Custom build by Item Audio. Spec including: Silent cooling, 1TB SSD, Adnaco outboard USB stage with outboard PSU, Chord Sarum USB,SOTM USB/SPDIF converter with Clock upgrades and outboard power supply, Audioquest Wild AES/EBU. Pre-amp - Boulder, Dac - Boulder, Power amp - Musical Fidelity Titans, Speakers - Revel Ultima Salon 2's, Interconnects/Speaker cables - All custom made by Paul at Reference Fidelity with Bybee Purifiers fitted.

I'm Steve.

Yup, Been there too!

A bit more recent than that (early 90's) there was a late programme called BPM, which one week went to Cream in Liverpool. We got ourselves on TV by the simple strategy of dancing near the most attractive women, cos that's where the cameras always were. I bet if I saw it now, I would cringe, even though I had hair then.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Dennis.

That looked like Peter Waterman on the mic..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast