+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Whitstable.

I'm Dave.

Default Hello from Whitstable.

I'm Dave I live in Whitstable, Kent in the UK with my wife and family.

I had loads of 'records' as a younger man and listened to them avidly, but as time passed these disappeared. I have collected CD's over the last 25 years, replacing many of the lost records. But I haven't had a decent CD player for a while. My youngest daughter recently took me into HMV and I found their 'vinyl' collection and things have snowballed from there.

I collect much of the stuff I had as a twenty year old, second hand and new. I re-buy long lost records, buy things that interested me then and collect new stuff that interests me now. I have bought two Imagination albums recently, so I have very little self control!

My system is as follows:-

Technics 1210 turntable with an Audio Technica AT440mlb MM cartridge. I have a rewired Rega RB250 I plan to fit.
    NAD 3130 amplifier.
    Rotel RCD 9658X CD player.
    Yamaha WXAD-10 streamer.
    Monitor Audio Bronze B4 floor standing speakers.
    All held together with a collection mid-range cables.

My plan for the future is to Fit the Rega tonearm and maybe an external PSU, now I have seen the advice thread here. Along with collecting more vinyl.

Thank you for letting me join.
    Dave

I'm M.

Hi Dave Welcome from a fellow Kent member

I'm Geoff.

Hello Dave. Welcome to AOS.

You've come to the right place if you like Technics tuirntables. I take it you've seen our Techiepedia section? http://theartofsound.net/forum/forum...he-Techiepedia

Tell us what music you listen to and what other future plans you may have for your Hi-Fi.

Feel free to join in the chat, it's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm John.

Hello and welcome to the AoS, the friendliest forum bar none. Good luck with your Techie upgrade path. Well worth the effort.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Grant.

welcome Dave. good to hear you've started re-amassing your old records. good move and nice to have a few different ways to make music shine
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Hi there all.

I seem to mostly collect music from the 1980's. It came as a bit of a surprise, I was watching a repeat of a 1985 Top of The Pops and I had something from most of those performing. I do enjoy the music of the band Japan and the solo stuff by its members, along with heavier work by PIL, Killing Joke and Bauhaus. Mixed with a sprinkling of Blues from the likes of SRV and Joe Bonamassa.

My Hifi is set up in our living room, it was up a corner, but I convinced Mrs T that it needed moving so it had pride of place on a stand by the TV, so the sound now fills the room. With regards to my plans for the Technics 1210 I have mentioned I have a Rega RB250 with a plan to fit shortly. I am also looking at an external PSU, from the likes of Paul Hynes, Origin Live or MCRU. I have built guitar valve amps in the past so doing the work myself does not faze me. And I am well aware that I will end up spending enough money to have bought a high end modern turntable. But I do love to tinker!

Once that is done I'm not too sure. But I imagine something interesting will catch my eye.

Dave

I'm Josie.

Welcome to AOS, Dave
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread