+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Whitstable.

I'm Dave.

Default Hello from Whitstable.

I'm Dave I live in Whitstable, Kent in the UK with my wife and family.

I had loads of 'records' as a younger man and listened to them avidly, but as time passed these disappeared. I have collected CD's over the last 25 years, replacing many of the lost records. But I haven't had a decent CD player for a while. My youngest daughter recently took me into HMV and I found their 'vinyl' collection and things have snowballed from there.

I collect much of the stuff I had as a twenty year old, second hand and new. I re-buy long lost records, buy things that interested me then and collect new stuff that interests me now. I have bought two Imagination albums recently, so I have very little self control!

My system is as follows:-

Technics 1210 turntable with an Audio Technica AT440mlb MM cartridge. I have a rewired Rega RB250 I plan to fit.
    NAD 3130 amplifier.
    Rotel RCD 9658X CD player.
    Yamaha WXAD-10 streamer.
    Monitor Audio Bronze B4 floor standing speakers.
    All held together with a collection mid-range cables.

My plan for the future is to Fit the Rega tonearm and maybe an external PSU, now I have seen the advice thread here. Along with collecting more vinyl.

Thank you for letting me join.
    Dave

I'm Martin.

Hi Dave Welcome from a fellow Kent member

I'm Geoff.

Hello Dave. Welcome to AOS.

You've come to the right place if you like Technics tuirntables. I take it you've seen our Techiepedia section? http://theartofsound.net/forum/forum...he-Techiepedia

Tell us what music you listen to and what other future plans you may have for your Hi-Fi.

Feel free to join in the chat, it's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm John.

Hello and welcome to the AoS, the friendliest forum bar none. Good luck with your Techie upgrade path. Well worth the effort.
    SME Model 15/Series V, Ortofon 2M Black. Technics SL1200 with SME M2-9 and Ortofon 2M Black. Mike New bearing/platter. Isonoe feet. Timestep PSU. Achromat. Dynavector P75III phono. Naim Supernait/HiCap. Oppo UDP 205 Blu Ray, CD, SACD, DVD-A disc spinner. Spendor S5e speakers. BAP mains block. Various mains/interconnects. Tube Distinctio,ns Mains power filter courtesy Mark Grant. D-I-Y bamboo shelves with cone feet.

I'm Grant.

welcome Dave. good to hear you've started re-amassing your old records. good move and nice to have a few different ways to make music shine
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55 SAS/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Dave.

Hi there all.

I seem to mostly collect music from the 1980's. It came as a bit of a surprise, I was watching a repeat of a 1985 Top of The Pops and I had something from most of those performing. I do enjoy the music of the band Japan and the solo stuff by its members, along with heavier work by PIL, Killing Joke and Bauhaus. Mixed with a sprinkling of Blues from the likes of SRV and Joe Bonamassa.

My Hifi is set up in our living room, it was up a corner, but I convinced Mrs T that it needed moving so it had pride of place on a stand by the TV, so the sound now fills the room. With regards to my plans for the Technics 1210 I have mentioned I have a Rega RB250 with a plan to fit shortly. I am also looking at an external PSU, from the likes of Paul Hynes, Origin Live or MCRU. I have built guitar valve amps in the past so doing the work myself does not faze me. And I am well aware that I will end up spending enough money to have bought a high end modern turntable. But I do love to tinker!

Once that is done I'm not too sure. But I imagine something interesting will catch my eye.

Dave

I'm Josie.

Welcome to AOS, Dave

+ Reply to Thread