+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Xiang Sheng valve output modifications

I'm Grant.

must have got lucky. mine is still working fine
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Well, the valves have arrived by the Xiang was ordered during Chinese New Year. So actually it has only just been sent... but by FedEx so it shouldn't take forever.

Finger's crossed.

Getting the camera to focus on the glass Marilyn mat proved impossible. No gags about valves being a girls best friend, please

Jerry seems to think the valve output was compromised too, so this may be a waste of dosh. However, I think he had a different variant... maybe.

I'm Paul.

Nice Mod, Alan. I am not really a fan of valves run at low plate voltages. Just doesnt sound like you are getting the best out of them.
    ~Paul~

I'm Martin.

I borrowed this DAC off of Jerry a while back and like Alan says it is 90% of the way to being outstanding.

Alan, have you considered replacing the power supplies with something ridiculously overspecced for purpose? They say that makes all the difference. I've asked my EE mate to do that with a Cd player but he won't as he says it would be a waste of effort. So I'm counting on you
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alan.

I haven't but well worth considering.
    When I have some time I'll investigate further.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I haven't but well worth considering.
    When I have some time I'll investigate further.
    Cool.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

I've replaced the M2Tech Young with this, not in terms of an upgrade (because it isn't) but just for ease of use in my system. I will probably try a ridiculously over spec PSU for it as i am getting into this tinkering lark lol

I'm James.

From what I can gather reading up in the latest DACs the power supply contributes much towards the DACs performance along with galvanically isolated USB ports and as much RFI isolation and noise vibration illimination as possible.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    From what I can gather reading up in the latest DACs the power supply contributes much towards the DACs performance along with galvanically isolated USB ports and as much RFI isolation and noise vibration illimination as possible.
    Galvanically isolated usb? That's probably not going to be easy lol

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Galvanically isolated usb? That's probably not going to be easy lol
    I would like someone to explain to me how it is done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast