+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xiang Sheng valve output modifications

I'm Grant.

must have got lucky. mine is still working fine
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55E/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, DEEZER HiFi - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Justin.

Well, the valves have arrived by the Xiang was ordered during Chinese New Year. So actually it has only just been sent... but by FedEx so it shouldn't take forever.

Finger's crossed.

Getting the camera to focus on the glass Marilyn mat proved impossible. No gags about valves being a girls best friend, please

Jerry seems to think the valve output was compromised too, so this may be a waste of dosh. However, I think he had a different variant... maybe.

I'm Paul.

Nice Mod, Alan. I am not really a fan of valves run at low plate voltages. Just doesnt sound like you are getting the best out of them.
    ~Paul~

I'm Martin.

I borrowed this DAC off of Jerry a while back and like Alan says it is 90% of the way to being outstanding.

Alan, have you considered replacing the power supplies with something ridiculously overspecced for purpose? They say that makes all the difference. I've asked my EE mate to do that with a Cd player but he won't as he says it would be a waste of effort. So I'm counting on you
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'The best I advice I ever received was to always remember that no-one else has any idea what they are doing either.'

I'm Alan.

I haven't but well worth considering.
    When I have some time I'll investigate further.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I haven't but well worth considering.
    When I have some time I'll investigate further.
    Cool.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'The best I advice I ever received was to always remember that no-one else has any idea what they are doing either.'

I'm Oliver.

I've replaced the M2Tech Young with this, not in terms of an upgrade (because it isn't) but just for ease of use in my system. I will probably try a ridiculously over spec PSU for it as i am getting into this tinkering lark lol
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm James.

From what I can gather reading up in the latest DACs the power supply contributes much towards the DACs performance along with galvanically isolated USB ports and as much RFI isolation and noise vibration illimination as possible.

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    From what I can gather reading up in the latest DACs the power supply contributes much towards the DACs performance along with galvanically isolated USB ports and as much RFI isolation and noise vibration illimination as possible.
    Galvanically isolated usb? That's probably not going to be easy lol
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Wizard Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Firebottle modded Xiang Sheng DAC (Telefunken Valve)
    Amplification: Slagle AVC Passive Preamp & Firebottle Monoblocks (Telefunken Valves)
    Cables: Fisual S-Flex Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables Throughout
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Galvanically isolated usb? That's probably not going to be easy lol
    I would like someone to explain to me how it is done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast