+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from the UK East Coast

I'm Steve.

Default Hello from the UK East Coast

Morning all,

Just a few lines of "hello" from Suffolk, U, a few miles inland from the big wet thing separating us from mainland Europe. A concept sadly now being adopted by our political masters too. :-(

Having experimented with what my ears prefer over the past 15 years it seems I lean away from the mainstream manufacturers and there aren't many big-name brands in my setup.

But let's start with one of them:

Anyway, having only just come across the forums I'm already learning loads!

Cheers,

Steve

I'm Geoff.

Hi Steve. Welcome to AOS.

That's a fair old selection of equipment you've been using, tell us what your plans are for your system if any.

Feel free to get involved and chat with everybody, there's plenty of discussion going on.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Josie.

Hi Steve.

Welcome to AOS..

Nice set up you have. I had some QUAD II's once, had them upgraded to run KT88's... they were lovely.

Enjoy!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Steve.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for making me welcome.

My immediate plan, funds permitting is to investigate a tube phono stage. Few years back I had the pleasure of an 834P and spending the morning with Tim De.P after collecting it from service.

This time around though I'd love to get my hands on something from Mr. Firebottle if the reviews here are anything to go by.

Thanks again all.

Steve

I'm Ian.

Quad IIs are wonderful amplifiers, as is the walking on the Suffolk coast ! Quad IIs wonderful, your location even better ;-)

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread