+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanted - USB to SP/DIF (RCA) convertor

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by mido View Post
    I can bring a couple over for you to have a listen to at some point.
    Cool thanks didn't realise you had one after the Audiophileo.

I'm Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Cool thanks didn't realise you had one after the Audiophileo.
    Yeah, I sometimes wish I'd kept that. Story of my life!

Anyway, I have a couple and have also owned a couple more including the Halide bridge that Jerry likes, so I can give you my opinion on them all.

I'm Jonathan.

Hi

I'm about to put an Singxer F1 in the private exhibitions if you are interested?

I'm Lawrence.

Yes interested will Pm

I'm Adrian.

The Singzer F1 is pretty well state of the art at the mo (I've used and still use, AP2, Off ramp 3, XMOS etc) but does need an external PSU to sound its best.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddypipsqueek View Post
    The Singzer F1 is pretty well state of the art at the mo (I've used and still use, AP2, Off ramp 3, XMOS etc) but does need an external PSU to sound its best.
    It may be state of the art in terms of facilities, but not in terms of SQ.
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Lawrence.

I have to say, purely in terms of discount to original selling price the off ramp seemed like a bargain, but when technology moves so fast it's hard to know if a cheaper recent product will outperform a pricier older product, or be compatible with later, or older but upgraded, devices

I'm Adrian.

"It may be state of the art in terms of facilities, but not in terms of SQ."

What facilities ?. USB in - SPDIF out ? That's it ? certainly it is for me at 44.1 CD rips.

To me its pretty well as good as it gets at the moment. Having used an Off-ramp 3, AP2 etc I would much prefer the F1 but, of course that's just an opinion.

What are you saying is better ?. That would help the original poster.

I would stress - it is important to have dedicated PSU (usually 5v injection) with most converters.
    Last edited by Freddypipsqueek; 13-02-2018 at 20:38.

I'm David.

I have a full stack HiFace Evo if interested Convertor Clock and battery power supply

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddypipsqueek View Post
    "It may be state of the art in terms of facilities, but not in terms of SQ."

What facilities ?. USB in - SPDIF out ? That's it ? certainly it is for me at 44.1 CD rips.

To me its pretty well as good as it gets at the moment. Having used an Off-ramp 3, AP2 etc I would much prefer the F1 but, of course that's just an opinion.

What are you saying is better ?. That would help the original poster.

I would stress - it is important to have dedicated PSU (usually 5v injection) with most converters.
    At about £300 it would be very naive to think it can't be bettered, but of course that costs you more money. ��
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast