+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lenco

I'm phil.

Default Lenco

I'm thinking of making a turntable with 2 arms proberly going to be a Lenco but which model is advised also willing to listen to any other ideas
    Cheers
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Keith.

The L78 if your interested in its auto stop function or the L75 if not. The L75 is perhaps peoples favourite choice.

I have just started listening to one which is mounted on a Carl's workshop plinth and will eventually have a 12" arm added to go with the home built 9.5" unipivot currently in use. Sounding good so far.

Lots of info on Lenco Heaven.

I'm Andy.

GL99 or GL88 are L75/78's with a smaller top plate so easier to create a plinth to add as many arms as you require (they tend to command a higher price due to this and are rarer).
    As above the L75/L78 are an excellent choice.
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Andrew.

The L75 is probably the easiest and cheapest Lenco. I have the 75 and 99 and prefer the 75 for experimenting. You can achieve some quite remarkable results with the 75.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Kai.

If you mount a stock L75 top plate rotating it 90 degrees CW, you'll have no trouble mounting two arms in the plinth, though I guess the one at the back would be mounted pretty close to the motor but not sure that would present any problems, I suppose not. I like the presentation of the L75 even without any upgrades apart from little tweaks and IMO they are one of the easiest idler drives to service and make perform silently. It's very rare to hear people having hard to trace rumble issues with Lencos because the drive system is so simple and the spring mount for the motor is more failproof than rubber grommets or the like many decks seem to use, often with bad results as the rubber has aged for 50 years.

+ Reply to Thread