+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS:EL34 Push Pull Mono Block valve amplifiers. Based on Pete Millett PP driver PCBs.

I'm Martin.

Default FS:EL34 Push Pull Mono Block valve amplifiers. Based on Pete Millett PP driver PCBs.

Pair of EL34 push pull monoblock amplifers based on the Universal Driver PCB's from Pete Millett.

I built these about five years ago to drive a pair of Quad ESL57 which they did really well. Since then they have been in constant daily use with Living Voice OBX, Harbeth P3ESR and Harbeth M30.1 and been 100% reliable with marvellous sound quality.

Constructed on a pair of Hammond soild walnut chassis with aluminium top and bottom plates.

Switchable, Ultra Linear or Triode mode. 25 watts per channel class A in Ultra Linear. 15 watts per channel class A in Triode mode.

Valve rectified choke input power supply.

http://www.pmillett.com/push-pull_kt...driver_pcb.htm.

The driver PCB uses a Sowter transformer at the input for splitting the phase followed by two triode differential stages using the 6SN7GT dual triode valves driving the EL34 push pull output stage. Can be used with unbalanced RCA or balanced XLR input from a pre amplifier.

All Hammond iron, mains transformer, chokes and output transformer. The output transformer is a beefy 60 watt Hammond 1650PA which is over specified for EL34’s, but it means that KT88’s and 6550 could also be used.

Output transformer taps and binding posts for 4, 8 and 16 Ohms.

Comes with two NOS Mullard CV378 (GZ37) rectifier valves, four NOS Raytheon 6SN7GTB input / driver valves and two new unused pairs of Tung Sol EL34B power pentode output valves.

Quality components used througout, Black Gate cathode bypass capacitors. Russian paper in oil coupling capacitors.

£975 Buyer to inspect, audition and collect. Payment by cash or bank transfer.

I'd rather not trust these to a courier, but shipping at buyers cost and risk. These are heavy, 15Kg each without valves, so they would ideally need to be crated for shipping.
    Last edited by disarmamant; 11-02-2018 at 10:35.

I'm Geoff.

Those look great Martin, beautifully made. I love beefy EL34 amps, they always sound so musical. Not parting with mine.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Those look great Martin, beautifully made. I love beefy EL34 amps, they always sound so musical. Not parting with mine.
    Thanks Geoff.

I'm Geoff.

Wish I had the cash to spare mate. Those look so tempting. I'd like an extra set of monoblocks.

I'm Lawrence.

I do like amps with 6sn7 driver valves

I'm Martin.

Post edited, more information added.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Still can see any pics

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Still can see any pics
    must be your end or maybe if your using tapatalk
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

i can,the problems your end mate.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Mike.