+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glanz Tonearm Review in HiFi News

I'm Hugo.

Default Glanz Tonearm Review in HiFi News

The Glanz MH-124S has just been reviewed by Nick Tate and Paul Miller in the March 2018 edition of HiFi News magazine. They liked it very much and gave it their 'Editor's Choice' award. We will have the full review available for download from our website soon.

The review summary reads:

'Don't be fooled by its 1970s-style retro appearance, for the Glanz MH-124S is an absolutely top-tier modern tonearm whose sound quality leaves nothing to be desired. Indeed, it easily stands comparison with the most respected rival designs from the past few decades. It is lovingly built, beautifully finished and a joy to use - making it extremely good value for money, even at its not inconsiderable price.'

The Glanz MH-4S Series arms are available in 9", 10" and 12" versions, all priced the same at £5600

https://ammonite-audio.co.uk/product...eries-tonearm/

montesquieu Guest

Get behind me Satan. Tempted enough already!

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Get behind me Satan. Tempted enough already!
    NO!!! the first one with a new Technics armboard is for ME!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I believe there are versions available costing > £10,000.
    Barry

I'm Hugo.

Indeed, £13995 for the MH-124SD, to be more exact.

I'm Hugo.

The HiFi News March 2018 review of the 12" Glanz MH-124S can now be downloaded from here

Last edited by Ammonite Audio; 13-02-2018 at 21:03.

I'm Hugo.

A lucky customer's Glanz MH-94S tonearm playing very nicely after test mounting on my Technics SL-1200GR turntable, with Ammonite Audio modular machined armboard (which will be changed for a silver one in due course). Not wishing to risk marking the Glanz headshell, here the arm is fitted with a Timestep ebony headshell and my NOS Kontrapunkt B cartridge. The only complication with mounting this arm on a Technics deck is that Glanz provide a lovely machined stainless steel flange to go under the collar, but it's too big to fit this application, so Speedy Steve came to the rescue with a bespoke smaller flange, in stainless steel.

The Glanz is shockingly good and lives up to the HFN review in every way. Such depth of sound, definition, musical articulation, with very low surface noise too - I've never heard the Kontrapunkt B sound so majestic and refined! It's going to be hard packing this one up to be sent to its lucky owner.

I'm Michael.

That‘s me!

montesquieu Guest

Seriously jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Hugo.

I'm not kidding - this Glanz is the loveliest thing that I think I've ever heard on a record player. And that's with a Kontrapunkt B!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast