+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dynavector 20x2L Set Up?

I'm Nat.

Default Dynavector 20x2L Set Up?

I have just purchased a nearly new 20x2L with less than 10 hours does anyone have any tips on set up, I'm using an LP12/Ittock? And also how long is the run in time with this cart?

I'm Robert.

Review here says it's easy to align http://www.techradar.com/reviews/aud...-922815/review

and there's more info about the cart here http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...tridge.279419/

There's always plenty online about these things so dive in whilst your waiting for responses

From what i can see, looks like a decent cart by the way
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Nat.

Thanks Robbie,
    From one Bob Marley fan to another

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Natara View Post
    Thanks Robbie,
    From one Bob Marley fan to another
    You're welcome Tara and have impecable taste
    Bob is a legend and has been my musical hero since childhood
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm guy.

Are you setting up the cartridge yourself? Linn say that you need to remove the arm from the deck before fitting (although I was sceptical about this, I have never dared muck around with the arm in place).

I had 10x5, then upgraded to DV20X. Lovely cartridge but I missed the "balls" of the 10x5 (suits the music I tend to listen to), so when the 20X got to the end of the line I went back to a 10x5 (also financial considerations played a part). I tracked at around 2g, ~1.8g on bias if that helps. Also use the green abrasive for occasional clean up and an AT vibrating pad (dry).

Regards. Guy.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Nat.

Yes I did fit the cartridge myself with the arm on because this cartridge is so easy to fit I didn’t see the need to take it off. But if you are heavy handed then take it off. It was so easy literally tags on screws tightened the threaded holes on these carts which do away with nuts makes it somuch easier. I just need to tweak the vta now.

I'm Nat.

So vta has anyone any tips on the vta of this cart on an ittock. Tail slightly up or slightly down. Also I have a very slight over hang and the point at the head of the cart dead center in the head shell.

I'm guy.

Some say tail slightly down. But, given that raising and lower an Ittok is a pain in the butt (and would have to be done between playing different LP's) probably best to set it at arm tube parallel to record for your thinnest LP - tail will then be slightly down for all the others
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

PS - I would think that it would be "broken in" already, unless refitting means that it has to re settle in - not sure what others experiences are with this.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm guy.

How has it settled in? interested to know what you decided on VTA.
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread