Hi All,

It’s been a while since we have had any new product announcements from Naim, which to be fair to Naim is no suprise as I know they have been trying to get on top of demand for the new Uniti range which has been far more popular than anyone could have foreseen which has given Naim a few headaches with trying to meet demand but I think they seem to be on top of it now, we even have Atoms and Nova’s in stock

So the good news is that Naim have now announced 3 new network players to replace the previous models, I think most people guessed what with the new digital section in the Uniti range + colour screens this was inevitable but it is still nice to see how Naim have approached these players, the ND5 XS2 is interesting with it’s lack of a screen and from what I am told the NDX 2 get’s very close to NDS levels of performance.

But I guess the big news is the ND555 which is Naim’s first 500 Series streamer, I can see being very popular indeed, from what I understand it is going to be quite a fair bit more expensive than than the out going NDS but the performance is supposedly a major step up, personally can’t wait to hear this.

I think Naim learnt a valuable lesson with the delays to the new Uniti range so they are not releasing too many details on launch dates etc for these new streamers until they are 100% sure that they are on track but please be assured we have already arranged with Naim an Open Day based around the new streamers with Naim on hand to demonstrate and discuss all the new features so please watch this space

I think the ND555 will be first to hit the market, followed by the NDX 2 and ND5 XS 2 but if you have any questions please feel free to get in touch and I’ll help where I can.

You can read more on Naim’s website -

https://www.naimaudio.com/network-players

As soon as we have any more info I will update this blog.

All the best,

Cheers,

Paul.