Good Day All,

Primarily I am here to learn and understand where and how to move onto, upto, into the next Audio step, level, area. Or just give it up as a bad job and solider on.

I can only imagine these will be relatively small steps, since I had to call on the help of Mr Google, in order to be able to answering the first registration (are you really an idiot) questions, well two questions, since a failed the first one too many times.

Whats wrong with calling it a record player?

If I had the simile with the evolution of man, over time I would insert it here, the crouched ape like Neanderthal rising to the the upright, straight walking, cell touting, headphone wearing, Bart Simpson. But I don,t.

What I have, and had since the beginning of time, in order to listen too CDs, (I now know what CD means now, so life is a learning experience, a Clue to those about to join) and FM radio.

Is the following

Since yr.2000 (18 years and still going strong.)

Harman Kardon FL 8330 5xCD Multi Player. drive belt replaced 3 times over 16 years.
Harman Kardon AVR15 Amp tuner FM/MW 2001
Mission speakers 700 somethings.
Also a Arcam Alpha 5+ amp, before I bought the AVR 15 amp/ tuner. So basically a spare.

Recently replaced the HK multi CD player with another Multi player, a Yamaha CD-C 600 since 2016, HK Belt broke again and the CD-600
I pod classic and head phones. which I can also play through the Yamaha USB port.

I have a CD collection 200+, and 10K plus tracks on I-tunes on the I pod. I enjoy Classical, rock, pop, easy listening 60,70,90,s, and the 00,s. (Missing out the 80,s)

I have little or No interest in TV, or cable, have No smart phone, or broadband, and watch the odd DVD.

The future sound lab, for music listening will be a man den, Ok, The lounge or the Dining room, 10ft x 12ft before moving to the loft conversion, 20ft x 25ft in 2,3,7 or never years time.

For the deep contemplation, and enjoyment of the odd glass (ltr) or two of malt, Not the Chocolate variety.

I need to review many threads, and gather much more information before seeming competent enough to be able to ask any sensible or meaningful question(s) on a way forward.

Bear with me.