+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Another scratchy itch

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    It’s a shame but once you’re up in your 70’s things can happen. Just a fact of life.

All of the BX-1’s are about the same price, within a hundred or so. $750 to $850 including shipping. And the issue is, this bass was only made for two years in 1985 and 86, the narrow case made for it is far more rare than the guitar. The one is Russia includes the case, with the Yamaha badge on it. It may be difficult to find a narrow case like that, most all aftermarket cases are designed around the P Bass or Jazz Bass shape. A few of the Japanese sellers concern me, one I see has pumped up his own feedback by buying $0.06 cent bags of tea from himself, creating a hundred positive feedbacks. Another posted pics of two different basses, accidentally included a photo of a bass being sold by another seller! The only difference being the knobs and string locks. I emailed him and asked which one he was selling, no response. I often send a message with a silly question just to see how the seller responds. If he blows it off and does not respond, I don’t want to do business with him.

Russell
    Go for the one in Russia
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Go for the one in Russia
    The guitar sat there for two months, and the minute I make a bid to buy it, the bloke says it’s already sold, but he has a lessor one he will sell me for the same price. With no case and a huge chip on the bottom corner. Maybe it happened the way he claimed, but it sure seems suspicious.

Russell

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    The guitar sat there for two months, and the minute I make a bid to buy it, the bloke says it’s already sold, but he has a lessor one he will sell me for the same price. With no case and a huge chip on the bottom corner. Maybe it happened the way he claimed, but it sure seems suspicious.

Russell
    for the same price? What a joker.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    for the same price? What a joker.
    I suspect a bait and switch scam

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456