+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who's got Schiit ? (apologies)

I'm Martin.

I may be mistaken, it may be obvious and it may well not be relevant but isn't the Schiit only passive if you're not using the tube?

I'm richard.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty38 View Post
    I may be mistaken, it may be obvious and it may well not be relevant but isn't the Schiit only passive if you're not using the tube?
    HI Scott - yes; there's a button on the front to bypass the tube and run passive. Users report some benefits from tube swapping so for some people theres a difference in sound quality/presentation when running with the tube.
    Regards Richard

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    I love my Schiit Saga. Transparent, convenient (remote control), splendid. One of my best Hi-Fi purchases.
    I run it with a Beard P35 amplifier.

I have not tried alternative tubes. To be honest, I cannot hear a difference in sound with the tube in or out. I believe it is there if you want a long cable run between amplifiers and is not intended to affect the sound.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm gone.

I had to leap on the bandwagon as I have been looking for a sensibly priced passive pre with remote control volume for some time.
    It was this thread that brought the Schiit Saga to my notice.

Mine arrived yesterday.
    Very transparent, and doesn't sit on the dynamics like the e.g. Tisbury does (a little).
    I swapped the stock 6SN7 for a Reflektor I happened to have - and wowzer, superb. What had been a bit vague and imprecise turned into a hi-rez soundstage spectacular (I do get excited about these things!). Immersive in a way the passive section isn't - OK, it's probably added valve glow, but oi loiks it (for now). I definitely do hear a difference with the tube circuit.
    So having wanted a remote-passive, I am using it as a remote valve pre.
    Ah well, at least I have the capability for both.

I'm richard.

Thanks Reggie - I see yours is connected to tube amp; there maybe something in that combination.

Jerry - That's really interesting to hear; thanks for sharing that. Your Saga is connected to a SS amp whereas I was thinking (referencing other forums) that a tube power amp might be preferable - mine is a (in comparison is a very humble) Cyrus X-Power.

Also like the report on the tube swap too and the fact that you've had a Tisbury too - thats encouraging.

Your glowing report may convince a few others to go dip their toes in Schitt LOL !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345