+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had a grand......

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I had my ears syringed a couple of years ago, and since then I hear a constant high-pitched whistle, like the noise that you used to get with old CRT tellies. If I turn up the volume with my music, the whistling gets louder too.
    Starting a couple of years ago, I had something similar. A sensation of a hissing whistle in my head all the time. I'd put it down to some medication I take, but in the last couple of months the sensation of noise has worn off and I'm still on the meds. Haven't figured this out.

I'm James.

The OP was kind enough to leave me those AvantGarde Trios I always wanted so... the problem is simple: just locate a Don Garber 300b Fi amp. Should be under budget, no worries on the SQ front, just a bit of a search for someone daft enough to part company with one.

If I got impatient I could always sell my arse for a couple of hundred and get Jake's Almarro out of the classifieds... Or get a proper job, or something?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

montesquieu Guest

I bought one of these recently and it’s the biggest audio bargain I’ve ever come across.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LP-Audio-0...-/222790898635

I had to wait a couple of weeks extra while 240v mains transformers were sourced but it was well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    The MK1 Krell KSA-50. Never heard one. But had fun reading the great reputation.

S.
    Have a listen first.
    It's a bit boring imo.

My cat liked it more than I did.

Last edited by jandl100; 07-02-2018 at 07:19.

I'm gone.

A grand?
    Well, gosh - the world is your mollusc.
    I've had oodles of fab amps for under a grand.

I'm jamie.

I’m learning towards something from threshold,pass labs is out of budget,the Sony though does not leave me wanting, but then I’ve lead a sheltered life Hifi wise so I’ve not heard much else.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    The OP was kind enough to leave me those AvantGarde Trios I always wanted so... the problem is simple: just locate a Don Garber 300b Fi amp. Should be under budget, no worries on the SQ front, just a bit of a search for someone daft enough to part company with one.

If I got impatient I could always sell my arse for a couple of hundred and get Jake's Almarro out of the classifieds... Or get a proper job, or something?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    A proper job? Noooooooo
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Andrew.

Sansui 919 would be high on my list, had the 719 wish I never got rid.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Shaun.

Well just over a year back I had more than a grand to spend and having given the usual thought to what I wanted to do I ended up with a Prima Luna pre/power. Had I had one grand to spend I have no idea what I would do. The decision was complex enough as it was.

I'm Brook.

It really depends on the rest of your kit Jamie, for me it would have to be a valve amp & for a grand you would have a great choice, in fact for half that there are some very capable amps out there. Even though I can't take to them I am sure there are some good SS amps as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast