+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forum speed on Mobile Broadband

I'm David.

We are all talking on a forum about hifi, we are all dweebs
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Not necessarily!

Regards
    Barry

MartinT Guest

Aaaah. Now I feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    James and Martin
    Greetings.
    Good to know IT people can turn off and enjoy the joy of music whatever their taste may be.
    Do you think IT work makes it hard to be as subjective as some members here?
    What about burning in hard drives?
    No, I don't feel it's hard to separate the two at all. Like the website says, good sound (the transmission medium for music) can be considered an art, and that's how I'm trying to see it. To me a computer is just a useful tool, like a pair of scissors or something except more complicated.

And if a person is an enthusiast there's nothing wrong with the use of high end parts. If you open an enterprise level server up you'll find expensive polymer caps, huge power supplies, extra inductors and regulators, redundancy, and anything else to make them more stable than an average desktop PC. The price is thousands higher for the server, but they both 'compute'. This is probably not what you mean is it?

Well hell, I'm still sleepy. I think when you start playing around trying to get better sound, you put on your scientist hat whether you know it or not. And any good scientist should have an open mind and a good imagination. That's why I think, "While you may not be able to break the laws of physics, you can surely make amendments!". I guess that the supra geniuses are trying to fry bigger fish right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    My name's Alex, and I'm an IT guy too. There, I did it. My soul feels cleansed.
    Ha! I had a feeling about you....

It seems nowadays anyone that is passionate about something outside of the mainstream gets labeled a geek. I wear that badge with pride and honor! At least we are not discussing collection anime figurines or something! OMG!
    James

Denon DCD-755AE (Power supply mods, used as a transport)
    PS Audio Digital Link III (Power supply mods, Audiocom Superclock 4)
    Tricorp TRV-35SE (V-Cap Teflon and Wima MKP10 caps)
    KEF IQ5 (Bennic XPP caps and Jantzen MOX resistors)
    Yamaha YST-SW225 subwoofer
    Cables: Transparent Premium Powerlink, PS Audio xStream Prelude, Mark Grant DSP 2.5, Audioquest King Kobra, Audiotrak Glass Black

I'm Alan.

Regarding form speed again!

I bought my own laptop yesterday (Mac) with 3UK WiFi modem. Performance is very acceptable.

Two observations - yes the corporate safety stuff gets in the way and Vodafone 3G is pants where I live at least, keeps dropping to 2G.

Best to all the IT guys, including the ones who haven't come out so to speak.

Now to explore what a Mac can do for music.

I'm Nick.

Welcome to the world of Mac There'll be no going back now
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123