+ Reply to Thread

Thread: digital future

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Default digital future

This was posted on another forum http://www.avguide.com/buyers-guide/...s?src=Playback and I think it makes interesting reading (download the pdf).

For me it gets interesting at page 11/108 - I went the Squeezebox route a while ago, and I won't be rushing to change things in any kind of hurry. A CD for me is something that you stick in the computer and rip, then put back in it's box and put into another box to go into the loft/under the bed/into the garage - you get my drift.

Chris

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I reckon the CD as a major format will disappear eventually to be replaced by downloads, hopefully at CD minimum resolution.. LP's of course will continue in a small way as long as people will pay the inflated price of new re-issues and of course there're millions of used LP's around.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

There is so much high quality HiBit Internet radio out there that I hardly every stream a ripped CD. My Squeezebox is a 1000 channel FM Tuner, only far better

At the moment I am listening to

Marc-Antoine Charpentier - Michel Chapuis, Le Concert Spirituel, Hervé Niquet - Messe de Monsieur de Mauroy H.6 (Glossa GCD 921602)

AVRO Klassiek Baroque
    File Format: MP3
    Bitrate: 256kbps CBR
    URL: http://145.58.33.95:8068/

SB3 > Caiman > Headphones
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    A CD for me is something that you stick in the computer and rip, then put back in it's box and put into another box to go into the loft/under the bed/into the garage - you get my drift.
    A CD for me is something that you just leave in it's box and put into another box to go into the loft/under the bed/into the garage. It is something that just not played (or ripped) in my house for last couple of years... .

Alex

+ Reply to Thread