+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oh yes, ebay again !

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Martin.

I dont understand why you are so frightened Shaun. The Paypal fees will be instantly deducted and ebay will invoice you for their fees on their invoice date. If you dont pay the invoice they will take you to court as any business would. they usually deduct that invoice from the bank account mandate given. I see you have paid the fees.

They need to know people have a fast access account because its part of the proof that you are a viable customer

They dont debit your account when you are inactive as a selller. An invoice amount will be zero on their records. I will always sell again sometime so I dont mind if they have my details for buying and selling. They are not unaccountable and they claim money due based on the mandate

Im not a one man defender of ebay but try setting up a site which attracts worldwide attention, some sort of 3rd party monitoring and protection for buyers/sellers and not charge any fees. If somebody doesnt like the fees then dont use them

I use one bank account for online purposes. There is purposely damn all in it if somebody hacks ebay or itunes and tries to raid my account.

I bet you have a direct debit with the electricity company and they just provide a service as ebay does. Any company with a direct debit mandate has access to your account but they abide by the direct debit scheme and errors are put right

Ebay are not perfect but I do think they get a bashing. Imagine trying to monitor millions of transactions. As a collector ebay have saved me hundreds of pounds compared with buying from dealers with their own site.

Ive never had a problem like that with ebay in over 1700 transactions. The only problems Ive had is with a few buyers and sellers but ebay have sorted everything that could possibly be sorted.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 05-02-2018 at 18:34.

+ Reply to Thread