+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Lavardin IT integrated amp

I'm Mike.

Default FS: Lavardin IT integrated amp

Up for sale is my lovely lavardin IT. It is an early model with black knobs rather than the silver of later incarnations. Brilliant amp with a lovely liquid sound. To my ears this rivals top quality valve amplification without the hassle. It comes with the lavardin power chord. Cosmetically it has some wear to the top but nothing dreadful and you would have to do a close inspection. One of the speaker binding posts has a missing plastic screw connector but this won't affect you if you are using bullet plugs on your speaker cables. In fact I realised after a little head scratching that you can still use spades with it. I did in fact purchase a new speaker connection unit but have not installed it. I will include it with the sale.

I purchased this a few months ago to use as a backup amp. It has been used a little by me but I now need to raise some funds for a different project. Personal collection would be great from Stafford or possibly a meet up. I can also ship within the UK. I don't have the original box but it will be well packaged. Quite heavy and I imagine the cost with insurance will be between £30 and £50 but will do this at cost. £1750 plus carriage.

I'm Mike.

There is one for sale on Hi-Fi for sale at the moment of a similar vintage for £2350 and this doesn’t appear to include a lavardin mains lead.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Would it be possible to have a photo to show the binding post in question?

The Lavardin IT amp is an amplifier I have been interested in for a while now, ever since I read a very good review of it in HFW (and I do prefer your early version with the black knobs). I would love to hear one, feeding electrostatic speakers. However I have eight power amps already, so will have to pass on this one.

Good luck with the sale.
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Actually the binding post looks worse that I thought now that I see it close up. It still works fine and I have a replacement unit which will be included. The knurled nut will still work to tighten a spade connection.

I'm Mike.

A bit far away to come and have a listen Barry

I'm Tony.

Excellent amp and bargain price - good luck with the sale.

I'm Mike.

Thank you Mr Ferret. If anyone does fancy a listen you would be very welcome. It makes my 15” tannoy monitor golds sing.

I'm Gary.

You have a PM, Mike.
    IB

I'm Steve.

a bit late for this one!

Does anyone know the current hierarchy for Lavardin IT amps?

They seem very rare on the 2nd H market, what's the difference between IT x, IT15 and IT20 Please?

I'm Martin.

On the lavardin website clicking on "amplifiers" pulls up the comprehensive list, bottom of page shows old vs newer versions.
    The IT models were top of the intergrated, the IT x being the new version
    IT 15 was a limited edition anniversary version, now superseded by the IT 20. The pricing will probably tell how this compares to the IT x.
    ��

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast