+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need some help reference a Tannoy Precision 6.2 speaker

I'm Robert.

Default I need some help reference a Tannoy Precision 6.2 speaker

Hello, and thank you for looking!
    Recently I had movers move furniture and other items around in my home in preparation for the carpet that was to be installed plus some painting. In the moving of the furniture and all, the base on one of my Tannoy Precision 6.2 speakers was damaged to the point where the speaker is no longer stable when set up. I am not sure how this managed to happen but how ever it occurred, I still need a base. I tried Tannoy directly but all I have received was an email telling me that a speaker base is not on their list of available spare parts for the 6.2 and all it listed were the binding posts, concentric driver and midwoofer.
    Is there anyone out there who might have an idea of how I might be able to secure a base? I have thought about having one made but so far all of the shops that I have contacted that have the available CNC machining to do such a project are very expensive this all I need is one.

Again, I appreciate any and all help.

Bob

I'm Lawrence.

A photo of the damaged base would help..

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Robert.

Yes, I agree. I am trying to get my base back from the movers who had it to see if it could be repaired. Once I have that I will post a photo. If it helps, any stock photo of the base on the Tannoy Precision 6.2 or 6.4 will do.
    Thank you. I have emailed Tannoy several times but I am too small I guess to get a reply. I was hoping perhaps a dealership might be able to help me as Tannoy is not as big in the USA as other places such as the U.K. or Europe.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by ElTee View Post
    Hello, and thank you for looking!
    Recently I had movers move furniture and other items around in my home in preparation for the carpet that was to be installed plus some painting. In the moving of the furniture and all, the base on one of my Tannoy Precision 6.2 speakers was damaged to the point where the speaker is no longer stable when set up. I am not sure how this managed to happen but how ever it occurred, I still need a base. I tried Tannoy directly but all I have received was an email telling me that a speaker base is not on their list of available spare parts for the 6.2 and all it listed were the binding posts, concentric driver and midwoofer.
    Is there anyone out there who might have an idea of how I might be able to secure a base? I have thought about having one made but so far all of the shops that I have contacted that have the available CNC machining to do such a project are very expensive this all I need is one.

Again, I appreciate any and all help.

Bob
    Hi Bob, I got a replacement plinth for my tannoy dc4t from Real Electronics in Sheffield south Yorkshire, realelectronics.co.uk if that's any use? They were sold in pairs though Jim
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm James.

Yes, I agree. I am trying to get my base back from the movers who had it to see if it could be repaired. Once I have that I will post a photo. If it helps, any stock photo of the base on the Tannoy Precision 6.2 or 6.4 will do.
    Thank you. I have emailed Tannoy several times but I am too small I guess to get a reply. I was hoping perhaps a dealership might be able to help me as Tannoy is not as big in the USA as other places such as the U.K. or Europe.
    I also contacted Tannoy to no avial, in fact their European contact forwarded me to their U S contact?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Robert.

Default I also tried Tannoy

I too, tried Tannoy and the first time I received a very short answer telling me that a replacement base (plinth) was not on their list of parts. I then tried them again asking for dimensions or a schematic of the plinth so perhaps I could have a wood shop here make one for me. Nothing. I also had a local Tannoy dealer try his Tannoy rep and that also garnished zero results. I have no problems with buying a pair but I just need someone to tell me that they are available, who to contact, etc. I will see if there is a way for me to email the dealer you mentioned and see what they might be able to do for me. I do find it difficult to believe that there is not a few spare pairs of these somewhere unless Tannoy does not stock spares for anything that is not electrical or crucial for the operation of their speakers....

I'm Robert.

Thank you James. I emailed Real Electronics and told them what I need so I am keeping my fingers crossed. If they can help, I owe you at least a pint or a single malt of your choosing should I ever make it to the U.K. Or you are ever in Seattle, WA. I will let you know how things progress...

I'm James.

Thank you James. I emailed Real Electronics and told them what I need so I am keeping my fingers crossed. If they can help, I owe you at least a pint or a single malt of your choosing should I ever make it to the U.K. Or you are ever in Seattle, WA. I will let you know how things progress...
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

+ Reply to Thread