+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Logitech Touch - at last they respond !

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Glad to hear that you're getting through your CD's at a rip roaring speed (sorry, I just couldn't help myself then - you'll forgive me in time).

I'm in no rush to get my hands on a touch, as my SB3 is doing sterling work. I'm not surprised that you went for the Sonos stuff - as you've said, it's here and it works. The Touch is just a rumour to all except the beta testers ATM.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Any more news / feedback from logitech on this?

The only news I have had is that my order has been cancelled officially !
    The ripping is roaring on, and I am at the 'M's now...
    The more I read about the Sonos the happier I am - seems there are various mods that can be done - not that I have a clue how to but people do offer various upgrades, so I may try to find out if a home demo is possible when I am looking at a second ZP90.
    However, my wallet needs some time to recover first !

Just took a look at the Logitech Touch forum and while the rumours there are always amusing it seems that it may be out in April/May, it may be being scrapped for a version 2 and it is going to be used as part of a missile guidance system.
    Looks like I am missing out on something now !

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinspain View Post
    it may be being scrapped for a version 2 and it is going to be used as part of a missile guidance system.
    Looks like I am missing out on something now !

Anyway, a "Version2" is purely a marketing move, in a desperate attempt to justify the enormous delay. That my vision of things.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Jerry.

People are just making up stories to fill a void caused by lack of information. They are simply getting the bugs out of the software before release-this is what the developers and beta testers are saying and I believe them.
    If details of the Touch hadn't been released early (by mistake) all this speculation wouldn't have happened.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Its a less than ideal situation for sure. I've currently got Chrism's SB3 as I'm splitting the display and audio/digital rails to make the most of the PSU I've made for him. Whilst it here, i've been using my iphone to control it! TBH although not the point of the thread, i'm not sure what i'd get from a touch that i'm not getting from the iphone/ipod touch software (ipeng)?
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
    Its a less than ideal situation for sure. I've currently got Chrism's SB3 as I'm splitting the display and audio/digital rails to make the most of the PSU I've made for him. Whilst it here, i've been using my iphone to control it! TBH although not the point of the thread, i'm not sure what i'd get from a touch that i'm not getting from the iphone/ipod touch software (ipeng)?
    I'd thought long and hard about this too and I can't see how the 'touch' feature is anything but pointless in most 'proper' setups. I'm mean I'm over *here* and the touch screen is over *there*, so how does that help?

As you say, a touch screen remote would be a different matter but the unit itself?

Obvious plus point for many of course is the ability to work stand-alone without a computer and for a few, the ability to deal with hi-res files.

As my iMac is essentially silent and always on anyway AND in the same room on movie duties, the former doesn't bother me and I just don't have enough high-res stuff to influence me that much.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

For me the main reason for wanting one was the USB connection - no need for the pc or a NAS.
    If your mac or pc is always on, then no need at all !

I'm inthescottishmafia.

It takes SD cards too.

I'm Gary.

I'll be getting one purely just as a digital transport via SPDIF....one far better than the current SB3 (say the beta testers) and approaching the Transporter.

Colour screen will be cool too, not so bothered about the touchscreen.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast