+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fit birds

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duck View Post
    You're a pair of dinosaurs from a bygone era. You need to keep up with the times!
    'Fraid so.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Erm Ive reached the point where Im finding it a bit tacky. If they put buff blokes on for the ladies I would also find that a bit tacky.

Do we need this at sporting events. What am I supposed to be doing?....whistling and shouting corr. Is that not demeaning for everybody involved?

Does it not just perpetuate this oggling behaviour, building site whistling and thinking of women as pieces of meat? Is it right to be using people in this way for cheap thrills?

I just feel we should have moved on from a page 3 or walk on girls mentality.
    Nail squarely on head! This is 2018 ffs.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The 70s were the peak man
    Well, early seventies. But the onset of Glam Rock rather cocked things up later on. It was a load of shite that deserved being ridiculed (apart from Bowie ) .

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by narabdela View Post
    'Fraid so.

Nail squarely on head! This is 2018 ffs.
    Yes it is, and yet women look at blokes and think ooh yeah just like blokes, and of course women look at women and blokes look at blokes, it's being human, abuse is a different thing altogether,
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    they will burn books soon... remind u of anything?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    they will burn books soon... remind u of anything?
    Be careful what you say. The 'thought police' are watching!

I'm Martin.

I am into freedom of expression and lack of censorship but obviously there are limits, laws and lines to be drawn. Ok there will be philosophies on absolutely no censorship and the slippery slope of oppression. At what point do I draw my line for a decent society

Is it right for a national newspaper to be showing womens breasts on a set page...really a daily newspaper? What sort of message does this send out and what do we say to the females within our families. Its a double standard as women are not just objects. Its also the male female power dynamic which can see females as subservient, easy targets or willing to be oggled in that "available" way.

I know many women that could beat me at sport, strength or whatever you care to name. Theres manufactured "girl power" and real power of equality

Yes you could say people should be free to use their own bodies in whatever way but I say there are limits within a civilized society

Was the Benny Hill sketch really acceptable chasing lingerie clad women around. I would say it isnt funny and that is base humour which is just creepy. Was it ever funny and how have we changed?

So with the darts girls and motor racing, are we not moving away from a time when women are stood by the cars or walking on purely as eye candy in that environment? I suppose cheerleaders come into it but they are putting on some sort of show. I havent tried to ban it...Im a bit confused about sounding like a hypocrite but I do find it tacky now. Maybe it is my older age but I think that allows me to see things more clearly

I like to think Im easy going but some people will argue against that. Im not about banning an adult industry but some people would. Theres a whole debate about how far does it go, who is using who and the thin end of the wedge.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 03-02-2018 at 07:42.

I'm Martin.

How are a woman's breasts 'uncivilised'? And why is it only women? What about scantily clad men? Is it 'wrong' for women to look at such images? Or is that okay because they are men? Do we not have better things to worry about (if we are going to worry about anything)? No-one is forced to buy the Sun, or read it. Millions do, are they wrong? And if you think they are, then what exactly sets you up as the moral arbiter over other people's choices?

There is a wider issue here which is that there is a certain sub-set of society, well-educated and well-paid, who think that they are not only entitled, but beholden to instruct the rest of us on the matters of right and wrong. Because we are a bit thick and don't know what's best for us. And if we ignore their cajoling, or worse, take the piss out of them about it, well they will damn well pass it into law and force us to see it their way. Because they are right and they know that they are right.

The reality is that they are nothing but self-important fools.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rich.

I understand the reasons why the sports promoters are removing the girls and how times are changing where women should not just be seen as eye candy as its demeaning.

Meanwhile however over on Strictly Come Dancing there's plenty of pervage to be had, but that's somehow ok as they have some fit blokes too so everyone's happy.

Maybe the answer would be for the darts to hire some chippendales alongside the girls.

Less an issue of political correctness and more of balance I think,
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Steve.

There may come a time in the future when "attractive" women have a hard time getting dates, as potential suitors will fear being seen as sexual predators, who are "only interested in one thing", and these unfortunately beautiful women will have to resort to cosmetic surgery to have some ugliness fitted.

Perhaps all of us will have to wear a uniform (perhaps dungarees and monkey boots) in order to level the playing field, and how about issuing "relationship certificates" upon completion of psychological tests to keep the weirdos out?

And strictly NO MAKE UP!

Arranged marriages may be the way forward controlled by the government.

I see no future for stunningly attractive men like myself either.

It's getting so I'm afraid to fart in case it comes out sounding like "phoarr".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast