+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For February!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    My kitchen has also been upgraded to walk-in refrigerator status. No need to unpack the shopping, just left it in the bag on the counter and retreated to the safe zone.
    Yesterday, I accidentally left the milk out of the fridge, almost all day, was OK, just as cold in the kitchen as the fridge!!
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    I've been worried about this. Last night I left the loft hatch open to help pipes in the loft.
    Yes. That's a worry for many. I'm glad I had a combi heating system installed years ago. No water tank or pipes in loft.

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes. That's a worry for many. I'm glad I had a combi heating system installed years ago. No water tank or pipes in loft.
    I learnt my lesson about 10 years ago, was in Florida for Christmas and New Year, came back to a pretty much wrecked house due to burst pipes in loft, didn't move back in until Easter.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Martin.

Well I got a call (thank heavens) that the dentist isnt in...I thought I might get the call....so Im not going out for a few days.

I dont know how people in key jobs are coping today because I wouldnt want to need an ambulance or prescriptions in weather like this.

Mother nature rules and this is crazy for March weather

I'm Geoff.

I'll be going out. Dog needs taking round the park and I have to pop into the post office. Side roads are a bit iffy, but the main routes should be OK.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Well I got a call (thank heavens) that the dentist isnt in...I thought I might get the call....so Im not going out for a few days.

I dont know how people in key jobs are coping today because I wouldnt want to need an ambulance or prescriptions in weather like this.

Mother nature rules and this is crazy for March weather
    YUP, NEED MY PRESCRIPTION BUT ITS NOT COME, UNSURPRISINGLY.doh caps on...already on rations.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

I'll be going out. Dog needs taking round the park and I have to pop into the post office. Side roads are a bit iffy, but the main routes should be OK.
    son said he took dog out. she went 5 yards and tried to drag him home.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    son said he took dog out. she went 5 yards and tried to drag him home.
    Mine'll be OK. Mind you we both lost our footing yesterday and ended up on backsides. It was very slippery on the fozen mud paths, fields were OK though.

I'm Alex.

Mine'll be OK. Mind you we both lost our footing yesterday and ended up on backsides. It was very slippery on the fozen mud paths, fields were OK though.
    Yours has got 4 leg drive
    Spendorman

I'm brian.

Well, looks like I made a good choice. ( with big thanks to Grant/Struth ) in not driving up yesterday.

Some folks stranded for 13 hours, spending the night in cars, cars dumped, 8 mile tailbacks. All this just on the M80, which I would have been on yesterday afternoon. And I was going north of that. !!!!!

My visit can wait.

phoned my mum this morning. Couldnt get out her door because of drifting snow. Luckily I prompted her to get stuff in. Poor wee thing.

My thoughts are really with “ rough sleepers” today. Must be a total nightmare for them.
    Last edited by take5; 01-03-2018 at 11:46.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast