+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Frugel Horn Loudspeakers

I'm Tony.

Default FS: Frugel Horn Loudspeakers

Frugel Horn loudspeakers for sale.

Built early 2012 used for around 4 years with main system then in my spare room until now. Selling as I need to make space in the spare room and also fancy trying something different.

Fitted with 4" full range Mark Audio CHP-70 drive units Link they're run in and in perfect working order.

Assmbled from a flat pack cabinet kit with four coats of matt varnish applied. Spiked support struts supplied with the loudspeakers (see pictures).

£275.00 collection only from Greenwich SE London UK. Or open to reasonable offers.

EDIT: I've asked for £275.00 as prices I've found for a cabinet flat pack and the pair of drivers total £300+ without the metal spiked support struts. Have also added the 'reasonable offers' text.

Last edited by floppybootstomp; 31-01-2018 at 14:42. Reason: Added some text 'reasonable offers'

I'm Phil.

got a pair of these on demo at the moment and they really are very good . absolutely superb with vocals , there has been a lot of discussion re frugals at the moment

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/t...orn-xl.210959/

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/t...n-tour.210698/
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Tony.

I can't seem to edit my original post anymore but this is to inform price reduced to £225.00 COLLECTED from Greenwich SE London UK

I'm Chris.

'Superb on vocals'.
    My own reaction to using Zigmahornets-single full range units that are playing ('desk-side') as I type.
    http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/z...gmahornet.html
    There is something special; maybe it's the lack of cross-over; the ear is very sensitive to even subtle phase hassles. I guess the voice is what we're 'wired' to listen to in minute detail as humans.
    I was so impressed with how good these are (Single unit) that I sold my Duos and got Ocellia Calliopes for main set-up.

So these should be a good buy-AND a bargain!
    Chris.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    'Superb on vocals'.
    My own reaction to using Zigmahornets-single full range units that are playing ('desk-side') as I type.
    http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/z...gmahornet.html
    There is something special; maybe it's the lack of cross-over; the ear is very sensitive to even subtle phase hassles. I guess the voice is what we're 'wired' to listen to in minute detail as humans.
    I was so impressed with how good these are (Single unit) that I sold my Duos and got Ocellia Calliopes for main set-up.

So these should be a good buy-AND a bargain!
    Thanks for the recommendation Chris I was very happy with the six years use I gave my frugel horns, they are a fine loudspeaker imo and my only reason for sale was to make some room in a small room and that 'I just fancy a change' itch.

Anyhow, they are now SOLD and have a new home in Wimbledon, SW London.

+ Reply to Thread