+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tannoy 3828

I'm phil.

Default Tannoy 3828

Carrying my quest for tannoys am now looking at 3828 in Arden boxes, although boxes aren't great but would make new ones there's also some hpd 315 with cross overs I'm looking at any advice would be appreciated, thanks
    Modded td160 super Thorens ol encounter arm hana sl cart, angle audio studio pro mc virtual battery phono amp with separate psi, Onix pre and mono amps, Onix CD player, Onix BWD and soap tuner. B&W dm2 speakers or super pencil 12 speakers, atlas cables, seperate mains power supply with earth spike.

I'm Geoff.

If you're looking at the Arden Mk.II speakers on ebay, they've had a hard life by the look of them. One of the cones looks as though it may have had a bash.

Of the HPD315's. I'd opt for those in Ireland. They look very nice and have the correct crossovers.

The set with the 'upgraded' crossovers, I'd avoid. 'Upgraded' could mean just about anything and they'd be worth more with the original crossovers anyway.

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Send Frank Cookson (Cooky) on this forum a PM, Frank usually has a few Tannoy drivers kicking around, He repairs them too if required.

Andy
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm frank.

Cheers Andy, the only Tannoy DC's I have for sale at the mo' are the tulip waveguide 3833/36 from the System 15 DMT studio monitor (GRF TW etc and the by the looks of it the new Arden Legacy)

I've built some clones in Arden/York sized boxes and they sound superb.

+ Reply to Thread