Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
Right.

Done a bit of research and working out. The cabinet volume is just under 18 litre. Taking the bass driver resonance as 60 Hz, it may be wise to tune the port slightly below that to avoid the box resonance overlapping that too much and creating larger than desirable 'hump' (there wiil be a slight one), so I'd aim for 50Hz, that will also allow the bass to extend down a bit further, there will certainly be sufficient output from the driver at that frequency to excite the reflex action. This will require a tubular bass port of 6 inches length and 2 inches inside diameter. There will be roll off below 50 Hz, but you should still get some output at 40Hz, maybe even lower if you're lucky.

I use usually use cheap plastic waste piping from places like B&Q for ports, but as Grant says, there are custom ports available that can be adjusted for length, allowing cabinet tuning to be played with.
Thank you for the effort!
I won't have 6" front to back - the box is 7" deep outside, minus 2 × 3/4" only leaves 5 1/2" inside. How much gap to the inside of the back is required?
Could I run the pipe in at an angle?
Should I still use wadding?
Thanks for your knowledge!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk