+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Kef Corelli SP1051 - possible fix and servicing.

I'm Edward.

It works!

Really simple error on my part. Turns out that the positive lead to the internal binding post had a weak connection (found with continuity testing). Resited and resoldered and all is good.

Been playing for 30 mins or so and sounds absolutely awesome. Using my goto album (DR =21) and speakers just breeze through it. Lesser speakers wimp out on the more difficult areas.

Next steps: redo the other xover, clean the main drivers (any hints?) and then focus on the woodwork. May well use one of the solutions in this thread.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    sounds absolutely awesome.
    Told ya!

Wait till you get the pair finished. You'll be delighted with them.

I'm Edward.

Managed to grab a couple of hours to recap the other crossover.

Wow, really good sound, especially considering the Kefs being a small(ish) 2 driver closed box design. Very articulate, clean, natural, coherent from top to bottom. Really singing and confident. Whilst bass does not (obviously) go low it is tight and well defined. Mid and top I would describe as delicious. Very musical.

Not as much 'scale' as the Eatons or Kudos - but close.

Not bad for ~£40 so far.

Next up - clean main drivers and then woodwork.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Yes, they're good speakers. Well worth some effort to sort them. I find mine extremely transparent. You can hear right into the mix.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678