+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reiver Acoustics

I'm tony.

yup.....gaz said to me-last speaker you will buy!!!

He is maybe right!

I'm Colin.

Hi Tony,
    So glad you are liking the speakers. It was a pleasure to build and develop these for you and yes they do really cut the mustard don't they. The tweeter is the Satori TW29RN-B which is the neo magnet version of the standard Satori tweeter. Well worth paying the extra over the standard as you can clearly hear the benefits. Scott did a brilliant job of redesigning the filter for these and Chris and me only needed to do minor tweaking to a resistor change to get them on song during the listening fine tuning.

In fact so pleased are we of this hybrid that it will be offered as the EDINGDALE SR, an upgrade version to the standard Edingdale MKII that is in itself an improvement on the original MKI as testified by all that have the heard the MKII and also have heard the MKI or are owners of the original MKI Edingdales.

Just a few points to clarify.
    Tony now how can you get your hardwoods mixed up? The speakers are finished in Oak veneer NOT Walnut as we agreed early in the build.
    The efficiency of the speakers is a conservative 95dB and a benign nominal 8-Ohm load.
    The speakers may look large but are a modest 110cm high x 40cm deep and 25cm wide, around 80L cabinet volume. They take up no more room than your average standmounts. They are also very tolerant to room position and can be placed quite close to a rear wall.
    They are as happy being driven by a 300B 5W SET amp as they are using 120W MosFet SS amps, T-amps (Chip amps) or 60W push-pull valve amps. So you can just about throw any amp at them and get stunning results.

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    How much did you spend on them!!! They are beautiful.

Congratulations!
    If you contact me through the forum we can discuss price and any other questions you may have. However the targeted price for these will be a modest £2100. The MKII's are from £1700.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Toppsy View Post
    If you contact me through the forum we can discuss price and any other questions you may have. However the targeted price for these will be a modest £2100. The MKII's are from £1700.
    Look like every penny's worth. Thought it would be helpful for those interested to know. They look beautiful.

I'm Colin.

Oh I forgot to mention that apart from offering the hybrids as Tony has got we are also developing an all Satori driver version of the Edingdales with the TW29BN-B SATORI BLACK BERYLLIUM DOME TWEETER. This speaker has promises to be even better than the SR version. However this a few months off before they will be ready.

I'm tony.

Colin,
    Im delighted with them...apologies regards the finish mistake-Lou dictated that!!(which greased the wheels WAF wise!).

your constant build upgrade e mails were wonderful-glad i took your advice re the tweeter, money well spent IMHO.

Im just in awe at what you have produced, aesthetically and sonically.

Moved them further out from the fireplace, to let them breathe a bit.

They deserve top notch cabling by the way...

EWA stuff winging its way to me (gaz runs tq ultra-thought WTF if im doing it right go all the way!!)

Thank you.

I'm Nigel.

Evening Colin,

Will you have a set of these ready for a demo as and when I drive up with Geoff to collect his MK11 version?

Nigel

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Colin,

Nice to see you popping in again, and I hope you are well

You have a PM

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylspinner View Post
    Evening Colin,

Will you have a set of these ready for a demo as and when I drive up with Geoff to collect his MK11 version?

Nigel
    Hi Nigel,
    I managed to persuade Geoff that the hybrids were worth paying the extra as the upgrade in performance more than justifies the small increase in cost. So yes you'll be able to compare the hybrids against the MKII's my place. Just started the build so hopefully they will be ready for when Geoff gets back from his OZ holiday.

I'm Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppsy View Post
    Hi Nigel,
    I managed to persuade Geoff that the hybrids were worth paying the extra as the upgrade in performance more than justifies the small increase in cost. So yes you'll be able to compare the hybrids against the MKII's my place. Just started the build so hopefully they will be ready for when Geoff gets back from his OZ holiday.
    That’s good news Colin, would you like me to bring my MK1 set up for comparison?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast