+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD: Amp under £300

I'm Graeme.

Default WTD: Amp under £300

Hi all

After searching hi and low and causing headaches of my own making, I will ask you lovely people as I am looking for an amp.

Previously I had the Brio-R which I sold to go overseas, now back I am ampless but loved the Brio-R... sadly even at eBay second hand they are over my budget

So something similar in size and capabilities would be perfect.
    Phonostage is optional, however the amp WILL be paired to my RegaRP6 - so an integrated one would be good but not essential

I do not need hundreds of inputs...my sources are digital and vinyl only.

Compact, as in similar size to brio-r or a cyrus (I do not BI-Wire).

****CAN UP BUDGET TO £400*******

Thanks alll
    Graeme
    Last edited by Gmanuk101; 29-01-2018 at 02:20. Reason: changed budget to be more realistic
    I can whistle with my fingers, especially if I have a whistle.

I'm Dan.

As daft as it sounds, the SMSL Q5 Pro I have would suit your needs (3.5mm jack, optical, usb and coaxial RCS in) and one set of speaker outputs

It's done me brilliantly, ran it with the likes of KEF LS50s, Rega RX1s, Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s, B&W 685s, KEF R100s etc

For £55 is a belter of an amp to faff around with!

However, if you're after something more mainstream, there's a NAD D3020 over on AVForums that could be of interest to you
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm Dan.

I bought this Cyrus a little while ago from the seller
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...ighlight=Cyrus
    Mainly because it was a good price and may have been handy for someone, I’ve tested it and all working perfectly but has simply been sat in the cupboard since, for what it cost it could just stay in the cupboard but u look like u need something cheap and compact, as well as good, so ur welcome to it for the same price.
    I’ve probably got some interconnects that I could throw in to help out also.

I'm Graeme.

Quote Originally Posted by loosend View Post
    I bought this Cyrus a little while ago from the seller
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...ighlight=Cyrus
    Mainly because it was a good price and may have been handy for someone, I’ve tested it and all working perfectly but has simply been sat in the cupboard since, for what it cost it could just stay in the cupboard but u look like u need something cheap and compact, as well as good, so ur welcome to it for the same price.
    I’ve probably got some interconnects that I could throw in to help out also.
    pm sent

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I'm Graeme.

budget can be upped to £400 for 2nd hand.

integrated = yes
    photostage = not important but must have an in for external stage
    noBoard DAC = not important but must have an in for external DAC

+ Reply to Thread