+ Reply to Thread

Thread: diy interconnects advice

I'm Phil.

Default diy interconnects advice

Thought I would have a go at making a few interconnects , I started with the klotz 5000 and ms audio plugs , and then purchased some neotech nemoi
    5220 which has 2 flat solid copper conductors in Teflon and again used ms audio plugs , this cable has replaced some audionote anv solid silver cable
    from my audionote dac sig 2.1 and sounds great , the dac already has the solid anv inside , I find the solid silver cable to be precise but hard sounding
    and lacking a bit in weight , the neotech cable is more musical and as precise , so I ordered more to go from my tisbury pre amp to my ming da 805 monoblocks , now in this position the klotz 5000 sounds better than the neotech , the klotz 5000 also sounds worse compared to the neotech in the
    dac position , basically I'm thinking that there isn't enough copper in the neotech cable for the pre amp to monblock position , so I was going to put
    both conductors to the plus and use the shield for the return , I know folks on hear have probably done this so can advise on the outcome , the conductors in the neotech cable are 0.22x1.78 each any advice would be helpful .phil
    Phil.

I'm Kevin.

Try it and see. You may prefer it.
    There are no hard and fast rules, so trust your ears.

I have not tried the Neotech cable you have used, as I struggle to find anything I prefer to the Klotz for the price.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Phil.

The klotz cable has fairly large conductors so this may be the reason it sounds best from pre to power amps , I have now ordered some neotech nemoi 3220 which has
    pcocc conductors , again for dac position , its made me think about replacing the anv inside the dac with this stuff . phil
    Phil.

+ Reply to Thread