+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you leave your SS amp on all the time ?

I'm Dennis.

All off except tuner, pre, and active speakers on standby.

I'm Neil.

Off, the TDA1541A runs hot! I have a couple of spares...

Not as precious about the other gear going off, but if am not likely to use it for the day then off it goes. Jez changed my view on this one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Martin.

I have also changed my ways and everything is switched off when not in use. I'm pretty confident I can't tell the difference.

I would like to sneak into the house of someone who leaves everything on all the time and switch it off, give it a few hours and switch it back on again. Then secretly observe to see if they notice any difference when they come and sit down to listen. Would they be up from their seat after the first few bars of music, checking connections etc to find out why sound quality is not as expected? Or would they, as I'd expect, sit and listen quite happily?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Off, the TDA1541A runs hot! I have a couple of spares...

Not as precious about the other gear going off, but if am not likely to use it for the day then off it goes. Jez changed my view on this one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Neil, What was Jez's view? I'm interested in what he thought as an electronics man working inside these things
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Grant.

its not good for components, and can be dangerous
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

I worked for some time in IT and the forbidden thing was to turn off devices, whilst not identical they share types of components.

The worst were routers invariably if you were in a clients premises and turned the router off it would not reboot.

I leave everything on unless it has valves in it.

I'm Steve.

I would have thought that anything that gets warm needs to be switched off. All off at mine except the CD player, as recommended by Densen.

I'm Dave.

All off...
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Hi Neil, What was Jez's view? I'm interested in what he thought as an electronics man working inside these things
    Jez said it should all be turned off, but was happy for folk to leave things on as it provided work for him.

I'm Dave.

This subject has been done to death. I believe the consensus was to turn it all off because it saves the life of the components and the gear takes only 20 minutes or so to come up to working temperature. If I'm doing a demo, I prefer to get the system running for 20 - 30 minutes before but that's all it takes.

I turn everything off except the router, because that is a pita to get connected again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast