+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BKSabath - Your inbox is full!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Default BKSabath - Your inbox is full!!!

Cables are done, I'll send you a pic when your inbox is cleared.

Bigman80 Guest

Here's the pics.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Guys, see in future, could you please not use Blank Canvas for posting messages about full inboxes? That's not what that area is for, but rather strictly hi-fi discussion.

If you want to post such messages, then use Abstract Chat. Cheers!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Guys, see in future, could you please not use Blank Canvas for posting messages about full inboxes? That's not what that area is for, but rather strictly hi-fi discussion.

If you want to post such messages, then use Abstract Chat. Cheers!

Marco.
    Apologies, Marco.

My fault.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

No worries, mate. Just something to remember in future. Ta

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Sandro.

Tanks

I'm Sandro.

Tanks for the cables

I am really surprised by how god they sound
    It is like a thick curtain has been taken of the front of the speakers
    They are really good

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bksabath View Post
    Tanks for the cables

I am really surprised by how god they sound
    It is like a thick curtain has been taken of the front of the speakers
    They are really good
    Glad you're happy!!

I'm Svend.

Oliver, I take it you made these up yourself(?). If you don't mind a quick question: being a twisted pair, how did you deal with the shield? Did you solder to ground at both ends? Or only one end? If so, which end -- source or target? Reason for the question is that I've made up a few ICs using a Belden cable with similar characteristics (8402), and have grounded the shield only at one end, the source end, and left the other unterminated. Curious to know how yours are built?

Thanks,
    Svend

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Svend N View Post
    Oliver, I take it you made these up yourself(?). If you don't mind a quick question: being a twisted pair, how did you deal with the shield? Did you solder to ground at both ends? Or only one end? If so, which end -- source or target? Reason for the question is that I've made up a few ICs using a Belden cable with similar characteristics (8402), and have grounded the shield only at one end, the source end, and left the other unterminated. Curious to know how yours are built?

Thanks,
    Svend
    Hi Svend,

Sandro requested they be wired as shown in the picture

Cheers

Oliver.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast